Operations Intern (Summer 2023) - Hamilton, OH
Job Type: Not Specified
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Connector Manufacturing Company/Hubbell
3501 Symmes Rd
Hamilton, OH 45015
The intern will support the Quality Department to ensure critical quality functions continue to operate without issue with enhanced visibility on certain processes that need improvement.
Operations Interns will typically support one or more experienced Operations teams in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the Operations department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Quality Intern will help with the development of a supplier quality scorecard, leveraging the supplier database, assist with reporting of DMRs, visits.
- Streamline data reporting on critical quality metrics
- Updating controlled documentation and loading to respective portal (SAP, et al medium)
- Work with quality staff on FAIs, PPAPs for internal/external customers to learn about qualification of product to print
- Coordinate/Execute Verification & Validation activities within our corrective action process
Skills and Experience:
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Quality, Business Administration, or related degree
- Basic understanding of Quality/Quality Engineering
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.