Product Marketing Specialist - Columbia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Originally founded as A. B. Chance Company in 1907, our campus located in Centralia, MO, was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc in 1994. There are separate manufacturing plants for our Civil & Construction Products and Lineman Tools & Equipment business units. Additionally, the campus is home to our centralized Distribution Center as well as the Gano Chance Engineering and Test Facility. Centralia’s manufactured product portfolio includes steel forgings, welding, stamping, hot dip galvanizing, epoxy pultrusion and extrusion products. Collectively, the campus includes 1.4M square feet of manufacturing and production space and employs over 700 people.
Work with Construction Products Marketing team to support and implement all marketing efforts and product line management efforts for assigned product lines. Includes: customer product support, customer presentations, new product development, product promotion, development of marketing materials, competitive and market analysis, report preparation and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical product support to field sales, customer service, and customers.
- Work productively with field sales, customer service, and other departments within the company, as well as customers and vendors as necessary, to help facilitate the timely completion of projects.
- Lead new product development projects by researching and gathering intelligence on new product ideas, obtaining customer input and feedback, leading and/or participating in cross-functional product development teams, communicating new products internally and to the sales team.
- Develop and update marketing materials (print and digital) related to current and new products.
- Perform competitive and market analyses and recommend strategies to expand the product line, improve market position, improve quality, increase margin.
- Give promotional product presentations to sales team, channel partners and customers/users.
- Prepare and analyze sales and other reports.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering or other technical field.
- Experience with electrical and/or mechanical technical products and markets would be helpful but not required.
- Strong analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and appreciation of deadlines is essential.
- Exposure to the electrical distribution/utility sales channel or B2B sales would be helpful but not required.
- Ability to travel on business related trips (~10%); ability to move to various locations within the Company; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.