Location: Herndon, Virginia
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Aclara’s Grid Monitoring platform utilities can detect faults with real-time information and continuously monitor power quality across all three phases of their medium voltage distribution network. With this actionable data, utilities can boost the reliability, efficiency and power quality across their distribution system. Aclara is helping utilities solve the real-world challenges and improve the reliability of the distribution grid. by provide fault information to quickly dispatch crews and monitor load or getting accurate measurements to improve efficiency.
13650 Dulles Technology Dr, Herndon, VA 20171
Responsible for the development, design, test, maintenance, and enhancement of Aclara’s Sensor Management System (SMS) for their Aclara Grid Monitoring (AGM) Platform for monitoring the distribution grid. The position will actively contribute in all facets of the software development life cycle as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Collaborate with team to ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Escalate issues in a timely manner and provides mitigation recommendations for same.
- Respond to customer escalations and maintain existing code, refactoring as needed to provide highly reliable solutions.
- Take initiative and works independently under minimal supervision to plan and accomplish goals.
- Work closely with cross functional team including quality assurance and documentation with a focus on team success.
- Continuously strive to make the process better through regular retrospectives and application of findings.
- Help maintain code quality, build and test automation
Skills and Experience
- A Master’s Degree or at least 2+ years of software development experience and a Bachelor’s degree. Experience and/or degree must be directly relevant to Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline.
- Experience in full stack development a plus.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Proficient in Java, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems.
- Knowledge with unit testing and related frameworks such as JUnit.
- Knowledge working in Linux/Unix environments.
- Knowledge of Web APIs based Web Service development.
- Knowledge with popular application frameworks (such as Spring, Hibernate).
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, JDBC, and RESTful.
- Familiarity with GUI Frameworks
- Knowledge of concurrency patterns in Java.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work on software with intermediate to advanced complexity.
- Possesses a high degree of accountability.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.