Principal Systems Engineer (NPX)
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
If you are committed to environmentally friendly projects, security, safety, and advancing new approaches in technology, then Hubbell engineering is the place for you. Join our team to solve challenging problems and help make change in electrical products and utility.
The Systems Engineer will lead all aspects of system design for Hubbell’s new Electric Vehicle solution throughout the development lifecycle. This includes figuring out product requirements, defining the design vision, and working closely with marketing, engineering, sales, and support to ensure design performance and schedule goals are met
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Marketing and Management to understand customer requirements for system applications.
- Support Marketing in the analysis of new systems. This could include writing analysis/simulation programs or developing Excel spreadsheets.
- Perform end-to-end system analysis and design of a complex systems (hardware, software, communications).
- Write specifications gathering functionality, performance, interfaces, and data processing.
- Resolve the architectural design for significant changes to the product portfolio.
- Lead the technical development and drive the implementation in multi-functional development teams to deliver a quality product.
- Influence team members to work coherently and follow the product development process.
- Ensure project schedules are met and provide design/development options to overcome timing obstacles.
- Provide in-depth technical support on Hubbell’s technologies to customers.
- Identify technologies and processes to drive improvements in system operation, tools, and organizational performance.
- Support field installation questions using systems knowledge and specialized analysis.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products and services
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years' of demonstrated ability in which analysis of sophisticated systems was a meaningful part of the job.
- Experience in defining sophisticated products working with the hardware, software, and system level requirements for the product.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to build product specifications detailing functionality, performance, interfaces, and data processing.
- Highly motivated self-starter, capable of working independently and able to drive concepts to completion.
- Excellent organization, presentation, oral and written communication skills to convey complex information in a clear, concise manner
- Ability to collaborate across multi-disciplinary functions (engineering, sales, operations, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Experience within the utility industry, at a technical application level.
- Electronic communication systems background.
- Electronic hardware and software development experience
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.