Assembler - Winsted, CT
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Assembler or fabricate mechanical parts, pieces or products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, manufacturing drawings, bills of material or other written instructions or procedures.
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specifications and/or customer changes
- Utilize hand tools such as a hand held screw driver and drill guns, constantly around moving parts
- Maintain inventory of product in work stations
- Perform quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and report it
- Operate functional area equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Maintain safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping standards as required
- Maintain accurate and timely data
- Report any safety problems, hazards, accidents and near misses to management
- Properly use safety equipment, including machine guarding, interlocks and safety curtains are working properly or report it
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve simple quality product issues
- Meet standards and tolerances
- Other job tasks as assigned by Supervisor
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.