Engineering Intern (Summer 2023) - Hamilton, OH
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 10 to 12-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- End of summer presentation to the local management team
Connector Manufacturing Company
3501 Symmes Rd.
Hamilton, OH 45015
The Engineering Intern position offers a variety of opportunities including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, test, integration and systems engineering. Opportunities can vary from working in Application Tooling, Utility, Lean Manufacturing, Research & Development lab, New Product Development, continuous improvement or more.
Engineering Interns will typically support one or more experienced engineers in performance of assignments, spend time shadowing actual operations, and have unique assignments that support larger projects as well as the day-to-day operations of the engineering department. Interns may perform and/or participate in additional activities/events which will help them build a strong network within the Hubbell community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The summer intern will help develop the ability to research an unanswered issue.
- Engineering research problem associated with contact strength of set screws and relationship between torque, wire size type.
- The determination of testing protocols, testing methods and testing fixture.
- Assigned Engineer will provide oversight and direction for development of testing.
- Final report will include white paper with conclusion and any further actions recommendations.
Skills and Experience:
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering or related degree
- Engineering Practices & critical thinking
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.