Machine Operator - Freeburg, IL
Location: Freeburg, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
501 West Apple Street
Freeburg, IL 62243
Willing to cross train in multiple areas including paint, foam in place and grinding areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate all coating equipment including guns, hoppers and booth collection systems
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects
- Determine paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections or by using viscometers
- Bake parts at appropriate temperatures within time limitations
- Knowledge of thermosetting resin coatings, wash, and pretreatments
- Ensure that all components are produced/coated efficiently, and are consistent with company established goals for quality and customer order on-time performance
- Ensure quality standards and processes are used throughout facility
- Ensure safety guidelines are being met to assure a safe work environment
- Load and unload parts or product onto fixtures.
- Finish products by hand using hand tools to ensure the surfaces are filed or finished accordingly.
- Good knowledge of the mechanics and repair of painting equipment
- Proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
- Assists all supervisor and perform other duties as needed and directed.
Skills and Experience
- Possess the skill and ability to assemble manufactured and purchased parts into subassemblies or complete products. Must be equipped with all the required tools to perform the functions of their job.
- Able to operate assembly equipment such as rivet machines, assembly presses and power tools.
- Physical ability to do work requiring frequent standing, sitting and bending, as well as pushing, pulling and lifting up to 25 lbs. frequently and 50 LBS occasionally.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines and inspect parts.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate the equipment properly.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.