Environmental Health Safety (EHS) & Training Supervisor - Aurora, IL
Location: Aurora, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Safety & Training Supervisor will drive the safety initiatives and programs through the DC by leveraging others as well as completing tasks firsthand. They will also facilitate the training program and execute on improved processes as well as be responsible for planning, directing, and managing all environmental, safety, and training programs for the Aurora, IL DC.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee a team of 3 direct reports (trainers)
- Drive training initiatives throughout the DC through observation, audits, and cross-training of employees.
- Plan, direct, and champion EH&S programs
- Develop and implement training programs for new and existing employees.
- Ensure 100% compliance with state, federal, local, and company EH&S regulations.
- Complete and submit required EH&S reports (internal and external).
- Track and report on all OSHA recordables, first aids, and near misses. Championing investigative efforts and programs to minimize associated risks.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, administer the site’s Workers Compensation Program
- Develop and coordinate with corporate EHS safety programs, materials, and training to employees as needed. (Hubbell U)
- Develop and administer programs to reduce work-related incidents and injuries
- Coordinate training and certification of site Emergency Response Team
- Test employees’ proficiency and issue operating licenses for powered industrial equipment. PIT Certification
- Must be able to be flexible and provide backup coverage for Warehouse Supervisors during vacation and/or leaves of absences.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years related EHS experience, preferably in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
- Strong understanding of OSHA, EPA, state and federal health and safety regulation
- Solid analytical skills, problem solving, strong presence, and the ability to communicate effectively.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to interact well with associates being studied and participating in developing improvements in their areas
- Must be able to evaluate, assess, develop, and implement environmental program and safety compliance and training programs.
- Warehouse background with knowledge of shipping and receiving is desired
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent experience (5+ years of supervisory experience)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.