Continuous Improvement Engineer - Arden, NC
Location: Arden, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
The Logistics Engineering Supervisor is responsible for providing the safest possible environment for employees and highest level of service for our customers. In addition, the position will be responsible for leading process improvements across the facility. The Logistics Engineering Supervisor will drive Lean principles with energy and enthusiasm, functioning as a leader and champion of change. This position requires frequent communication with other departments including, Human Resources, Sales, IT, Customer Service, and Manufacturing. The position also establishes and maintains strong relationships with regional carriers and customers identifying opportunities and programs to achieve optimal value and service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keeps Safety as the top priority and ensures the safety of all employees, customers, and carriers.
- Establish, maintain, and support a superior 6S program, including all timely communications of new safety initiatives.
- Drive Lean training and implement a Lean toolkit including but not limited to PDCA, value stream mapping, visual controls, Kaizen, total employee involvement, problem solving, etc.
- Lead distribution center in designing and analyzing operational solutions for projects such as automation design, process and methods, cost reduction, capacity enhancement, and warehouse optimization.
- Assume leadership role to maximize use of appropriate features and configurations of warehouse management system - SAP EWM.
- Educate, coach, and mentor employees at all levels in the organization to establish an engaged Continuous Improvement & Operational Excellence culture.
- Develop reports of overall Continuous Improvement activities including accomplishments, participation, project activities, and anticipated needs.
- Document, track, and implement annual productivity projects with minimum of 5% year over year savings.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, Engineering, Logistics, or related fields. (BS) in Industrial Engineering is highly preferred.
- Green Belt Certification or relevant experience
- Experience in DC facility design, layout, and consolidation.
- Experience with layout development utilizing various storage types and material handling equipment.
- Strong practical knowledge of Lean Concepts applied to distribution.
- High proficiency in MS Office and proficiency in AutoCAD
- Understanding of shipping methods - Parcel, International, LTL, Multi-stop, and Truckload.
- Proficient in establishing and maintaining coaching/mentoring relationships.
- Warehouse Management System expertise. SAP EWM highly desirable.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.