Production Supervisor - Fenton, MO
Location: Fenton, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
2112 Fenton Logistics Park Blvd.
Fenton, MO 62026
The Production supervisor (2nd shift) is responsible for the safe and efficient operations of production in the facility, in addition the Production Supervisor will communicate performance expectations to hourly Union employees, monitor production demands, supervise machine, assembly productivity and quality, and manage personnel daily. The Production Supervisor will report to the Assembly Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
- Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications as required.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product. Eliminates waste and develops cost reductions through tooling modifications, planned maintenance, etc.
- Suggests changes and works with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, Manufacturing Engineering and HES to improve working conditions, productivity, efficiency, quality and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Ensure hourly workforce is flexible and properly trained
- Coordinates flow of work within and between departments of the manufacturing plant to drive on-time delivery to customers.
- Verify Production Order packets are correct, and drawings are included.
- Responds to Customer Service on lead time requests, expedite requests, and direct shipping requests.
- Resolves Production Order variances and cost of goods issue (COGI) errors.
- Drafts new Work Instructions, as applicable.
- Effectively collaborates with difficult personalities to overcome obstacles and implement change.
- Communicates with Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, etc. as needed to resolve problems on specific Production Orders and address bigger picture issues on output and delivery.
- Actively participates in Production Control meetings & communicates within the department to share pertinent information and set goals.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the Union to align business needs and requirements,
Skills and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, and at least 3 years supervision experience.
Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills, Power BI is a plus.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; focuses on identifying root causes to create solutions in a timely and decisive manner; reconciles conflicting and/or incomplete information to develop solutions.
- ERP/MRP experience required, SAP experience is a plus
- Lean experience preferred.
Experience working within an ISO 9001:2015 QMS.
- Ability to analyze current processes and pro-actively make improvements on a day-to-day basis in addition to collaborating on larger changes within the plant.
- Demonstrated examples working with multiple people, teams, and departments to determine and implement process improvements.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.