Senior Human Resources Generalist
Location: Cromwell, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist supports the HR Department and the facility management team at multiple locations with full cycle recruitment, benefits, employee relations, and payroll assistance. This position is essential in supporting the business by collaborating with the management team to reach goals and objectives of the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively manage the HR function in all locations as assigned. Providing leadership for multiple facilities.
- Responsible for interpreting policies, ensuring compliance with all policies, company processes, and state/federal employment law.
- The ability to effectively interface and communicate with all levels of management and employees within the facilities, as well as the HPS Platform, to communicate various HR objectives and procedures with company policy and employment law.
- Provide leadership in the development of organizational and people strategies and guide critical decision making with practical, proactive solutions.
- Coach and advise senior leaders and managers regarding strategic and complex organizational and employee issues
- Administer and interpret corporate guidelines for benefits and compensation while overseeing the performance management system and process.
- Administers recruitment process to all recruiting efforts, interviewing, salary recommendations, offer letters, coordinating pre-employment background checks, drug screens, new hire paperwork, e-verify, and on-boarding of all new employees.
- Responsible for HR reporting/surveys (EEO-1, AAP logs, and wage/benefits surveys). Prepares affirmative Action Plan and files all EEOC – related reports on a timely basis, and maintains adequate documentation, audit trail, and compliance with the record retention regulations.
- Administer leaves of absences including state and federal FMLA
Skills and Experience
- 7-10 years of HR leadership experience in a manufacturing role.
- Must be a self-directed, hands-on solid HR Generalist.
- Strong computer experience required, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Must be self-motivated, and a problem solver.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize duties.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality, but also sensitive situations where information must be shared on a ‘need to know” basis.
46 Nooks Hill Rd,
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.