Production Supervisor - Broken Arrow, OK (1st Shift)
Location: Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Job Type: Not Specified
We are hiring a Production Supervisor to our growing team!
A Production Supervisor is being hired to oversee the order-to-delivery manufacturing process, ensuring customer satisfaction, quality, profitability, and employee commitments. The role involves planning and coordinating the workflow, scheduling production components, maximizing efficiency, establishing performance metrics, and supervising and developing direct supporting staff. The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of production management experience, exceptional communication skills, and a strong background in forecasting and inventory analysis. A BS in Engineering/Industrial Engineering Field, MBA, or equivalent business degree is preferred, along with proficiency in computer skills. Responsibilities include planning the work flow, coordinating the flow of work between departments, maximizing efficiency, establishing performance metrics, and supervising and developing direct supporting staff. The ideal candidate should have 3-5 years of production management experience, exceptional communication skills, and a strong background in forecasting and inventory analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans the work flow and production resources for AEC products.
- Controls and coordinates the staging, movement, flow and finalization of product throughout the entire production process.
- Responsible for coordinating the flow of work between departments to expedite production; and ensuring delivery and quality meets our customers’ specific needs.
- Maintains all aspects of work flow and ensures system transactions and controls are properly administered.
- Communicate with other functional/departmental managers to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes, and achievements.
- Maximize efficiency through the design and implementation of improved manufacturing strategies and allocate assets and resources to meet quality, safety, cost, delivery, volume and productivity goals.
- Benchmark and establish performance metrics, collect and report results.
- Ensure that all Kanban systems (once established) are maintained to customer demand, which includes establishing quantities, updating Kanban cards, maintain Kanban database and insure flow.
- Oversee the planning and scheduling of production components in all work cells to ensure customer fill rates and inventory levels remain at acceptable levels.
- Chair Sales & Operation planning committee to ensure accurate forecasting. Conduct quarterly meetings.
- Coordinate with purchasing all material requirements from vendors.
- Responsible for accurate inventory control practices are in place for all WIP inventories.
- Keeps the organization informed of potential shortages of capacity that could prevent a high rate of fulfillment to the demands of the customer’s.
- Supervise and develop direct supporting staff.
- Perform within labor budget as established by Operations Manager.
- Develop synergies with Manufacturing Engineer to implement standard work and lean concepts throughout all areas of operations.
Skills and Experience
- Individual must have exceptional communication skills and 3 to 5 years experience of production management with a strong background in forecasting and inventory analysis.
- BS in Engineering/Industrial Engineering Field, MBA or equivalent business degree is a plus.
- Strong background with introduction of new products into manufacturing, proven experience with Lean techniques, value stream mapping, etc.
- Has management experience in either an engineering or manufacturing engineering environment
- Minimum of three (3) years of scheduling and inventory control experience in manufacturing environment.
- Course work in related field(s) of studies a plus.
- Computer proficiency required.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you!
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.