2nd Shift - Production Assembler - Chatsworth, CA
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
9140 Lurline Ave Chatsworth, CA 91311
Hubbell- Armorcast Products is currently seeking to hire 2nd Shift Production Assembler. Production Assemblers will work in grinding and assembly area deflashing, grinding, drilling and assembling thermoset box and vault assemblies of various sizes by using large to small hand held grinders, hole saws, sanders, etc., and other small hand tools. Production Assemblers will start at $20.00 per hour as well as a 10% shift premium for hours worked in the 2nd shift. In addition, you will be eligible to receive a $1000 retention bonus on the 90th day with Hubbell as a new hire. Health care benefits start on the first of the month following your hire date
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Company safety and break policies, work in a safe manner, follow directions, and wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Immediately report any unsafe activity or accident to area Supervisor
- Learn and understand how to deflash, grind, drill holes by using large to small hand held grinders, hole saws, sanders, etc., and other small hand tools – Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
- Learn how to read and interpret box and vault assembly drawings to assemble, inspect and package box and vault assemblies for shipment to customers – Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
- Work in an efficient manner maintaining part shift through/put quantity requirements.
- Ask questions when unsure of work safety and through-put quantity requirements.
- Keep area clean, follow good housekeeping practices.
Skills and Experience
- Heavy manufacturing or construction experience preferred
- High school diploma preferred but not required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY:
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a group environment, and ask for help when needed.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with company policies
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, work in a fast paced environment with repetitive motion, clutch, lift, grab, bend, stoop, push and pull with no difficulties, be on feet during work shift, and clearly communicate issues.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class. The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the LA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO).