Production Transformer Winder
Job Type: Not Specified
GAI-Tronics owned by Hubbell Incorporated, is the world's largest company focused on the communication needs of the world's industrial markets. Founded in 1946, GAI-Tronics' earliest products set the industry standard for durability and reliability. While maintaining our commitment to the principles of quality and customer service, today's GAI-Tronics aggressively applies leading edge technology to solve the world's most challenging communication needs, and is backed by stability, reputation, and financial strength of Hubbell Incorporated, a worldwide leader in electrical and electronic products. Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It is this talent that we consider to be our company' greatest asset.
3030 Kutztown Road
Reading, PA 19605
Wind and test small/large transformer/PVT coils used in a variety of high voltage test equipment and power supplies, in accordance with design specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist in assuring the quality of workmanship, safe operation of equipment and the use of supplies. Guide, assist, train and participate with co-workers in the performance of all department functions.
- Assure that all products meet the highest standard of quality.
- Use arithmetic including decimals and fractions, specifications, and adjustable measuring instruments where interpretation is required involving basic skills knowledge.
- Able to read a scale/ruler to within 1/32 of an inch.
- Comprehend and follow specification sheets with the assistance of Engineering.
- Utilize soldering and brazing techniques.
- Understand and perform basic winding skills.
- Prepare and cut all winding materials.
- Set up machines in accordance with technical an safety specifications.
- Basic knowledge of automatic winding machines and techniques used.
- Capable of winding a variety of transformer and PVT coils
- Capable of winding coils from engineering specification sheets.
- Work with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
- Be able to identify proper materials for production.
- Ability to operate a pallet jack and/or forklift.
- Ability to setup and run machine(s) for production.
- Must understand measurements using standard devices.
- Ability to operate a hoist properly and safely.
- Building of winding mandrels.
- Promotes a safe working environment and follows all established Company Safety Policies, Procedures and Practices.
- Adhere to all company rules and policies.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Standing and/or sitting for long periods of time
- Moving mechanical parts
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Experience
- Read, use and understand measuring devices
- Be punctual, reliable and have a good work ethic
- Must be able to work well with others and foster teamwork
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills
- Experience working with hand tools
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.