Senior Territory Sales Manager - New York City, NY
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Premise Wiring is committed to maintaining a tradition of excellence and delivering unmatched quality, innovation and reliability. Our solutions offer a fully integrated system of copper and fiber network cabling and components that are designed to exceed all applicable standards for performance and reliability.
New York City, NY
NYC Metro (Long Island, Westchester County, NYC)
The Hubbell Premise Wiring Senior Territory Managers’ primary responsibility will be to provide sales service and support to targeted End Users, Certified Installers, Distributors & Consultants and to identify project opportunities and generate demand for Hubbell end to end solutions. Territory consists of Westchester County, NYC & Long Island
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and develop an assigned sales territory to effectively achieve growth objectives.
- Conduct sales calls with Contractor/Integrators, End Users, Distributors and A&E.
- Train distributor personnel to sell and promote Hubbell products; manage local inventory.
- Conduct sales training, internal and external, within the territory as directed by Field Management.
- Conduct formal sales presentations to CI's, Distributors, End Users and A&E.
- Communicate through Regional Manager on new products, product modifications and sales tools.
- Serve as a customer information center for literature requests, catalog requests, technical detail, drawings, and cross-reference information.
- Create & implement sales strategy to increase market share - Hunter mentality.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities through exemplary work ethic and selling skills, having earned the respect of both customers and peers.
- Acquire superior product and Company policy knowledge and have the ability to communicate this information to the Channel.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred
- Five (+) years of related data communications sales and territory management experience.
- MS Office proficient.
- Outstanding presentation skills.
- RCDD certification is a plus.
- SFDC Experience is a plus - or experience with a CRM.
- Experience in selling into the construction industry
- Experience in selling through distribution channels is a plus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.