Production Supervisor (2nd Shift, Forging) - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
HUBBELL POWER SYSTEMS
210 N. Allen Street
Centralia, MO 65240
The Production Supervisor (2nd Shift, 2:30pm - 10:30pm CST) will be responsible for all of the following during their shift: Safety, production, quality, employee’s effectivity, and leading their department’s scheduling.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective employee relations.
- Provide employee mentorship and development.
- Make employment decisions.
- Resolve employee issues through problem resolution and working with union representation.
- Ensure schedule alignment; department employees are present at the beginning of each shift and in work areas.
- Ensure manning is in agreement with the scheduled priority.
- Balance quality, effectivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas.
- Work towards Continuous Improvement.
- Supervise employee development including: training, procedural and JSA alignment.
- Perform investigations for safety including: near misses, first aides and OSHA issues.
- Recommend actions to prevent reoccurrences of incidents.
- Coordinate with Human Resources and operations manager any disciplinary actions which might be required.
- Spend 75% of shift on the production floor in assigned department.
- Leadership: ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Supervision: including employee hiring and retention, performance reviews, disciplinary actions and shift reports.
- Run and maintain attendance records in E-time.
- Inventory management and production recording in SAP
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma
- Previous leadership role in manufacturing environment, such as Supervisory experience or as a Lead
Preferred but not required:
- Previous experience in Forging
- Lean Manufacturing training
- Proficient in MS Office; SAP a plus
Originally founded as A. B. Chance Company in 1907, our campus located in Centralia, MO, was acquired by Hubbell Power Systems, Inc in 1994. There are separate manufacturing plants for our Civil & Construction Products and Lineman Tools & Equipment business units. Additionally, the campus is home to our centralized Distribution Center as well as the Gano Chance Engineering and Test Facility. Centralia’s manufactured product portfolio includes steel forgings, welding, stamping, hot dip galvanizing, epoxy pultrusion and extrusion products. Collectively, the campus includes 1.4M square feet of manufacturing and production space and employs over 700 people.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.