Production Supervisor (3rd Shift) - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The 3rd Shift Production Supervisor will oversee daily production processes as well as supervise hourly employees while pursuing continuous improvement in areas such as productivity increases, improving effectivity while minimizing cost.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead teams that are focused on the primary purposes of daily operation through safety, quality, service, and productivity levels within budgetary guidelines
- Direct lead persons to guide, direct, and assign work to their fellow employees and maintain records as necessary
- Ensure hourly workforce is flexible and properly trained
- Must handle the interpersonal aspect of the job including disciplinary activity, coordination with other supervisors, work rule enforcement, and labor relations
- Maintenance of data and reports related to the supervised area using Microsoft applications such as Excel and Access
Skills and Experience
- High school diploma
- Previous Supervisory experience; Team Lead experience at minimum may be considered
- Demonstrated real world Problem Solving experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.