Quality Inspector - 1st shift
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Responsible for inspecting and auditing production and processes of assigned product lines or manufacturing areas. This includes: ensuring compliance to in-house specifications, standards, and good manufacturing practices; data collection and reporting of results; rejection of nonconforming lots; clearly communicating product and process quality issues in a timely manner to Manufacturing , Engineering and Quality personnel; recommending ideas for quality improvements
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform visual, functional and/or dimensional inspections of product assemblies in accordance with inspection instructions and specifications to verify that quality, production, and customer standards/requirements are met.
- Perform process audits as assigned to verify that correct quality and manufacturing practices are being followed.
- Document and relay any discrepancies to the appropriate personnel.
- Report inspection findings to a data collection system or as directed.
- Ensure inspection status of product is clearly identified.
- Train Operators in test procedures and requirements, and standard work as required.
- Make recommendations on inspection, product, productivity, tracking, reporting and/or scrap improvements, while maintaining or improving current quality standards.
- Perform general housekeeping duties to provide a safe working environment at all times.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Good communication skills required
- Basic math skills required
- Strong attention to detail, efficiency and accuracy
- Innovative thinker
- Must be a self-starter
- Ability to exercise independent judgment
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work with area Group Leader(s) and Supervisor(s)
- Ability to interpret work instructions/drawings/specifications/visual standards
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, etc.) desired
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.