Senior Director Product Management - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut, South Bend, Indiana
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This position is responsible for Managing & Directing the Commercial & Residential Infrastructure Marketing department within the Hubbell Electrical Products Division. This is a high-profile position and a crucial element of our Electrical Product Divisional growth strategy. Responsible for the strategy & profitability of the business lines including supervision of Product Managers within their respective functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that product managers are especially well informed on competition, their new product direction, their promotional programs and their pricing practices in all markets.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly and quarterly operating reports.
- Develop product/technology roadmaps, evaluating and closing product gaps to ensure product lines’ health and growth
- Provide guidance and assistance to Product Managers regarding forecasting activities as required.
- Direct the efforts of assigned managers to assure adequate market and customer interface to ensure top level market intelligence via trade shows, joint calls with Sales, Customers, etc.
- Ensure that product redesign programs are initiated to maintain Hubbell differentiation over all competitors, while achieving cost levels that permit aggressive pursuit of available business.
- Responsible for new product and market development, the research of new opportunities and the implementation and guidance of new products and their market programs, including possible acquisition candidates to support new products and programs.
- Coordinate product line pricing strategies that optimize profit margin and penetration opportunities.
- Encourage inventions and intellectual property protection efforts through trademarks, patents or publications
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of marketing, business or commercial industry experience; Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Business or Engineering General
- P&L management experience and financial acumen strongly preferred
- Have the ability and desire to work in a dynamic, fast paced, growing company
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate effectively and to build relationships at all levels within the organization
- Excellent presentation & data analytical skills
- History of team building, implementing and executing growth strategies strongly preferred
- Travel up to 40% - product management teams are split across multiple sites
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.