Senior Product Manager - Manchester, NH (Burndy)
Location: Manchester, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Responsible for all Product Management activities to assigned products to maximize product line gross margin and unit volume growth. Provide all necessary product and technical support to the field sales force to implement sales and marketing plans. Develop, maintain and grow market share through incremental New Product Development programs and market based pricing decisions. Responsible for strategic and tactical initiatives to support PLBT growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop specific and measurable objectives for product lines associated with assigned market.
- Lead participation in the development of the Annual PLBT Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for developing and updating assigned Action Plans.
Profitability and Gross Margin
- Develop a pricing strategy for all product responsibilities to maximize gross margin.
- Establish pricing promotions (as necessary) to drive product sales
- Monitor market/industry pricing trends to adjust as necessary to meet margin goals
- Work with Field Sales to establish competitive pricing to capture incremental new business opportunities and/or maintain market share
- Coordinates efforts between departments to help streamline procurement, manufacturing and sales of assigned product lines
New Product Development
- Manage and own all NPD projects within product responsibility from inception to completion
- Coordinate and monitor progress and provide guidance relating to priorities, timing or adjustments on all new assigned product project development efforts within your market.
- Participate in the development of new product ideas and opportunities.
- Develop business case for each NPD Phase 1 project.
- Initiate and submit for approval new product development projects.
- Responsible for introduction of new products in accordance with the Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for new product forecasts (dollars and quantity).
- Develop and implement field surveys and evaluation of new product opportunities.
- Initiate and submit approval actions required by the Engineering and/or Pricing Teams.
Product Management and Sustainability
- Initiate projects/actions to meet or exceed PLBT target margin goal
- Recommend/implement removal of low volume or unprofitable products.
- Audit assigned products to insure quality and value.
- Periodically review and provide guidance and direction for product engineering activities.
- Monitor and report customer complaints. Provide necessary direction to Marketing, Operation and Engineering.
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date analysis of all pertinent competitors and products in concert with Pricing Administrator.
- Provide technical information for product data manuals to Technical Services Manager.
Marketing and Advertising
- Responsible for developing product news releases with Mktg/Promotions
- Participate in the development of the Advertising program in accordance with the time and dollar limits of the Marketing Plans.
- Recommend and support all product promotional programs. Responsible for literature, samples and displays.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing Services group to provide new content and edits for all catalogue and literature generation pertaining to your product responsibilities
- Responsible for basic time and territory management of any product specialists assigned as direct report(s).
- Responsible for jointly developing measurable goals and objectives for these products specialists.
- Monitors job performance, attendance and training and customer visits
Skills and Experience
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
47 E. Industrial Park Dr.
Manchester, NH 03109
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.