Machine Shop Operator #1
Location: Mayville, Wisconsin
Job Type: Not Specified
Gleason Reel Corporation is a worldwide leader in the production of industrial duty products for cable & hose management, mobile electrification and industrial workplace solutions. In February of 1996, Gleason Reel was acquired by Hubbell Inc., and became part of the Hubbell Electrical Systems Group. Along with Hubbell standards, our world-renowned brand names include: Gleason® Reels, Festoons and Conductor Bars, PowerTrak® Cable Carriers, as well as Qualtech® Document Stands which are sold under Hubbell Workplace Solutions® division.
600 S Clark St
Mayville, WI 53050
To operate, set-up and adjust various NC/CNC lathes and/or machining centers to produce parts to the required tolerances with the assistance from a Machinist or Lead person. And will have the opportunity to acquire the skills necessary to advance to the Machinist classification.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and produce parts from the information obtained from the blueprints within required tolerances.
- Responsible for the quality of the parts they produce and perform first-piece inspection, as well as subsequent inspections, to ensure overall quality.
- Responsible for taking care of routine maintenance and keeping the work area clean and neat.
- Follow all safety rules regarding machine operation and proper guarding.
- Maintain simple reports on productivity, quality and safety.
Skills and Experience
- Possess and be able to use micrometers and dial calipers to ensure the quality of the parts being produced. Must be equipped with all required tools to perform the functions of their job.
- Physical ability to do work requiring frequent standing and bending, as well as lifting up to 30 lbs. frequently.
- Sufficient reading and writing ability to follow work order instructions and prepare simple production reports.
- Sufficient visual acuity (corrected) to read instructions, operate machines and inspect parts.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate the equipment properly.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.