Machine Shop Supervisor - Leeds, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
8100 Churchill Avenue
Leeds, AL 35094
We are seeking an experienced and skilled Machine Shop Supervisor to lead and oversee our machine shop operations. As the supervisor, you will be responsible for managing a team of operators, ensuring production efficiency, maintaining quality standards, and promoting a safe work environment. Utilize your expertise in machining processes, equipment, and leadership to drive operational success and contribute to the growth of our organization.
What You Will Do
- Lead and supervise a team of machine shop operators, fostering a safe and productive work environment.
- Collaborate with production planning to optimize resource utilization and meet delivery targets.
- Manage production schedules, monitor workflow, and adjust as needed to maximize efficiency.
- Ensure adherence to quality standards by reviewing work orders and conducting regular inspections.
- Troubleshoot machine issues and coordinate maintenance activities to minimize downtime.
- Implement and enforce safety regulations, conduct training, and promote a culture of safety.
- Provide guidance, coaching, and performance feedback to enhance team performance.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives and foster a culture of quality awareness.
What You Bring
- High school diploma or equivalent; technical or vocational training in machining preferred.
- Proven experience in machine shop operations, including CNC machining, milling, and turning.
- Strong knowledge of machining processes, tools, and equipment.
- Previous experience in a supervisory or leadership role within a machine shop.
- Familiarity with quality control methodologies and tools.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of safety regulations and commitment to promoting a safe work environment.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.