Product Marketing Specialist (Lineman Tools & Equipment)- Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The CHANCE® brand originated with the 1907 founding of A. B. Chance Company. Originally a manufacturer of anchors, CHANCE purchased Tip Tools Co. in 1937, which would later become CHANCE® Lineman Grade Tools™. Over the course of nearly 120 years, CHANCE has delivered pole line hardware, switches, cutouts and fuse links in addition to anchors, foundations, hot line tools, fiberglass and rubber products. Acquired by Hubbell® in 1994, the CHANCE brand is proudly manufactured in Centralia, Missouri, Leeds, Alabama and Juarez, Mexico.
Work with Lineman Tools & Equipment Marketing team to support and implement all marketing efforts for assigned product lines. Includes: customer product support, customer presentations, new product development, product promotion, development of marketing materials, competitive and market analysis, report preparation and analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical product support to field sales, customer service, and customers.
- Work productively with field sales, customer service, and other departments within the company, as well as customers and vendors as necessary, to help facilitate the timely completion of projects.
- Lead new product development projects by: researching and gathering intelligence on new product ideas, obtaining customer input and feedback, leading and/or participating in cross-functional product development teams, communicating new products internally and to the sales team.
- Develop and update marketing materials related to current and new products.
- Perform competitive and market analyses and recommend strategies to expand the product line, improve market position, improve quality, increase margin.
- Give promotional product presentations to sales team, channel partners and customers/users.
- Prepare and analyze sales and other reports.
- Perform other duties and assignments as required.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to travel on business related trips (~10%).
- Ability to move to various locations within the Company.
- Ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Marketing, Business Administration, Engineering or technical field.
- Experience with electrical and/or mechanical technical products and markets is a plus.
- Must have strong analytical, communication and presentation skills. Attention to detail and appreciation of deadlines is essential.
- Exposure to the electrical distribution/utility sales channel or B2B sales is a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.