Territory Sales Manager - Southwest US
Location: United States
Job Type: Not Specified
This position will work remote from a home office in the California or Nevada area or general region.
This position manages the HPS Communications sales process through end user accounts & authorized channel partners. The Territory Manager is responsible for knowledge of the HPS Products, planning & tracking the opportunities within the Southwest region and growing the HPS relationship/position with customers in this geographic region.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops functional knowledge of the position by understanding the drivers of the HPS organization, BU’s and products, and management of relationships within all levels of the customer base
- Meet/exceed overall sales quota while driving Hubbell Power Systems market share growth.
- Effectively manage distributor relationships
- Assist Regional VP sales in territory planning/forecasting and the development of a strategic growth strategy
- Manage key end user accounts through consistent exposure for HPS and an understanding of the key drivers to their business and spending
- Maximize product approvals for all product lines
- Develop and execute a short-term and long-term plan for overall market share growth
- Analyze market to identify new business opportunities
Skills and Experience
- Willing to travel extensively in geographic region.
- 4 year Engineering / Business degree preferred.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills with 5-10 years of communications or utility industry experience.
- Strength in effective communication by projecting self-confidence, authority, and enthusiasm, and the ability to make continuous use of technology to improve sales performance
- Strength in prioritization of tasks in order to devote the appropriate time to strategic areas of importance.
- Must be a manager with a vision for the future of the territory and growth, capable of managing regular sales activity
- Effective in working with internal departments (BU management/personnel, pricing group management/personnel, customer service management/personnel) to drive results.
- MS Office Applications proficient (Excel, Word, PPT)
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.