Sr. Copywriter - Hubbell Site Flexible
Location: Herndon, Virginia, Solon, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St. Louis, MO
The Hubbell Enterprise Marketing (HEM) Senior Associate - Copywriting is responsible for writing and editing written content (including but not exclusively white papers, case studies, brochures, video and audio scripts, email, and social media) released by HEM to promote Hubbell products, brands, and other marketing related activity. Under the direction of the Marketing Communications Manager, the Senior Associate - Copywriting writes and prepares content for production according to structural, stylistic, and other guidance in brand and style guidelines of the organization and accepted standards.
The Senior Associate - Copywriting must have exceptional writing and editorial skills to ensure consistent voice, tone, and proper grammar is applied to all Hubbell marketing materials print, and digital content assets. The Senior Associate - Copywriting is responsible for initial copywriting and editing and must apply exceptional copyediting skills to identify typos and grammar misuses before content goes into review.
The Senior Associate - Copywriting should be team-oriented, creative, and dedicated, and work well under pressure and against strict deadlines. The successful Senior Associate - Copywriting will achieve technical, qualitative, and quantitative goals while meeting the project’s needs, requirements, and deadlines as established by editorial calendars.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for copywriting and initial revisions of content released by HEM. Refine and edit content until the desired results are achieved to conform with input from the review process.
- Confer with internal clients and account managers to understand project requirements, objectives, and presentation concepts, and then work closely with the client, Marketing Communications and HEM to create content
- Implement structural, stylistic, and other guidance in editing that is consistent with established processes
- Support Marcom and HEM team members and assist internal clients (non-writers by profession) to develop and write content by adding that extra level of polish to meet the organizational guidelines
- Implement SEO and keywords guidelines to optimize digital content for search and optimal user experience
- Implement Hubbell editorial norms based on in-house writing style guides, standard accepted style practices, and shared terminology and language for consistency and professionalism across our content
- Provide input and collaboration on design concepts, content standards, and layouts
- Ensure high quality and on-time completion of all work projects
- Adhere to editorial calendars and update content repositories to ensure efficient workflow and content maintenance
Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Journalism, Technical Writing, English, Marketing, or other relevant field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in editing, writing, or related experience for an agency, in-house marketing communications department, or media outlet
- Background in writing about technical subject matter preferred.
- Exceptional writing, grammatical and editing skills
- Proven technical knowledge of marketing content creation for all marketing channels (print, online, digital, etc.) and understanding the special considerations for writing for the Web and the wide variety of devices that can access the Internet
- Competency in applying editing best practices and techniques
- The ability to work with minimal supervision in delivering high-quality work
- Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with global, cross-functional teams as needed
- Demonstrated ability to communicate credibly and effectively
- Strong listening, time management, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, result-driven environment
Additional Skills and Experience
- Solid knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products including MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Understanding of and a level of comfort with the Adobe Creative Cloud, specifically Adobe InDesign and Acrobat
- Willingness to learn new content marketing technologies as required
- Familiarity with using project management software in completing work product preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.