Production Supervisor (1st Shift) - Lincoln, NH
Location: Lincoln, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
34 Bern Dibner Road
Lincoln, NH 03251
Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products in industrial organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assure compliance with Federal, State, Local, and company safety regulations, procedures, policies and best practices.
- Responsible for building and maintaining a safety culture.
- Apply Lean Manufacturing principles to assure efficient, safe delivery of high-quality products to customers.
- Maintain high levels of employee engagement by developing employee skills, being accessible to employees, and addressing concerns and other practices and activities.
- Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to production superintendent for action.
- Compiles stores and retrieves production data.
Skills and Experience
- 3 - 5 years supervisory experience.
- Manufacturing experience required.
- Kaizen and/or Lean training preferred.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelors Degree preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.