Production Supervisor (3rd shift) - Londonderry, NH
Location: Goffstown, New Hampshire
Job Type: Not Specified
Founded in 1924, BURNDY, a Hubbell company, manufactures electrical connectors and installation tooling and wiring accessory products for the commercial, industrial and the electric utility markets. We are world-renowned for our robust product lines, commitment to innovation and exceptional customer-centered service.
Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It’s this talent that we consider to be our company’s greatest asset. As such, we are invested in your success.
BURNDY offers a wide range of health and welfare, incentive and educational opportunities that have earned us a reputation as one of the leading employers. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes: Medical, dental and vision insurance, a Retirement savings plan, Time away from work and more! When you work at BURNDY, you can expect an environment where your expertise can engineer, build and supply the framework to merge the company’s success with your own.
Light Manufacturing: 7 Aviation Drive, Londonderry NH 03053
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in the production of electrical connectors and/or installation tools. Responsible for the overnight shifts, with core hours of 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM. Workday schedule will be Sunday - Thursday.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages direct/indirect hourly employees ( at approximately 20).
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coordinates flow of work within and between departments of the manufacturing plant to drive on-time delivery to customers.
- Creates and schedules Production Orders to meet on-time delivery performance goals that align with the capacity of the factory.
- Close interaction with distribution center, warehouse and shipping/receiving
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree with minimum experience of 3 years of supervisory experience or equivalent experience including High schoo/GED and/or Associate degree with 5 plus years of work related experience.
- Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Lean experience preferred.
- Ability to analyze current processes and pro-actively make improvements on a day-to-day basis in addition to collaborating on larger changes within the plant.
- Demonstrated expert level Microsoft Excel skills to crunch backlog & capacity data and update department manager.
- Demonstrated examples working with multiple people, teams, and departments to determine and implement process improvements.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.