Production Supervisor - Plastics (2nd Shift) - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
We're adding a 2nd Shift Production Supervisor to our growing team!
The Production Supervisor will be responsible for developing continual product and process improvement techniques in the area of raw material refining, manufacturing and packaging for the products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and line management to the work cell crew, assisting in coordinating workloads, providing support, monitoring issues, ensuring production targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and quality standards are met for the work cell.
- Aid in ensuring people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner, that team follows defined standard work procedures while achieving quality and safety standards.
- Reinforce and lead by example full adherence to 5’s (Sort, Set in Order, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) practices.
- Support work order closures and stock control transactions.
- Assist in performing root cause analysis and resolving problems in work cell, keeping management fully communicated throughout the process.
- Be a committed participant in undertaking required continuous training and development, during the timeline expected and as required for the position.
- Assist management in routine performance, quality, safety, and attendance corrective actions with employees in your work cell.
- Required to communicate and maintain your work cell’s production metrics and information and at times communicate results to various levels of organization in both formal and informal settings.
- Assist in monitoring time and attendance and ensure compliance with policy.
- Assist in carrying out incident, accident and non-conformity investigations and associated reporting and action closure.
- Interface as required with Production Scheduling to determine schedules for shift production.
- Leading by example is important in this role. This requires you to begin to develop and learn how to lead your team positively and build a culture of respect and teamwork for all.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to learn and execute transactions in SAP
- Ability to participate and Lead in a team-orientated environment.
- 10-hour OSHA training required (company paid).
- Lean 101 training.
- Positive attitude, strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop leadership skills that bring teams together.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization.
- High School Diploma Required; Bachelors Degree preferred.
Thank you for your interest in a new career with our company. We look forward to hearing from you! #LI-HB1
6801 S. Sunnylane Road, OKC, OK 73135
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.