Safety Compliance Specialist - Corona, CA
Location: Corona, California
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Safety candidate will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Safety Manager and Operations. Qualified candidate for this role will be responsible for daily activities involving training, recordkeeping and compliance as required by local, state, and federal agencies, including but not limited to, Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support and maintain compliance records included but not limited to, OSHA, AQMD DWP, SWPP, NFPA,
- Maintain accident/injury reporting register and data metrics
- Perform weekly safety audits
- Conduct daily compliance record checks, track and submit inspections with corrective actions
- Manage and conduct Safety Gemba audits. Track monthly Gemba audits
- Create weekly safety Toolbox. Submit and track toolbox compliance
- Assist with safety related projects, and corporate initiatives
- Provide operations support with monthly safety committee meeting
- Support team with OSHA compliance, training and communication as needed
- Generate and distribute safety reports
- Coordinate training as needed – Forklift Certification, Hazwoper, HAZCOM, OSHA, RCRA/DOT, BBP, Stormwater, LOTO, Safety orientation
- Provide team with training support through Hubbell University
- Provide support with regulatory annual compliance submittals
- Conduct Stormwater rain event sample collection
- Assist with permit renewal submittal and tracking process
- Manage recordkeeping for hazardous waste manifest as required by EPA
- Participate in facility audits and corrective action recordkeeping
- Provide management support with incident reporting requirements and ensure all incidents, accidents, and injuries are added to the incident management database
- Assist with injury case management and workers comp insurance reporting
Skills and Experience
Some flexibility with work schedule in order to meet compliance needs. Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience. Self-motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision or in a team environment.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma or General Education (GED) required. 2 years of safety related experience and or training combination. Working knowledge of Safety/OSHA preferred. OSHA 30 preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to present organized and thorough information and data appropriate for audience. Bilingual in Spanish is highly desired.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of America money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Must possess analytical skills and ability to think and act fast. Ability to deal with problems and collaborate with the team to solve situations. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, and correspondence. Effectively collaborate one on one or with small groups settings.
Computer literate, PC Excel, Microsoft, Power Point, SAP
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.