Production Supervisor - Winstead, CT
Location: Winsted, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The supervisor is responsible for overseeing production of required components while pursuing continuous improvement in areas such as scrap reduction and effectivity increases, while minimizing cost. This is a second shift position (Monday- Thursday, 3 pm - 1:30am).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead teams that are focused on the primary purposes of daily operation through safety, quality, service, and productivity levels within budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure hourly workforce is flexible and properly trained.
- Support efforts to maintain ISO certification.
- Develop and initiate cost reduction measures.
- Must handle the interpersonal aspect of the job including disciplinary activity, coordination with other supervisors, work rule enforcement, and labor relations.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years supervisory experience required.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Ability to travel on business related trips; ability to move to various locations within the Company; ability to communicate; ability to work on a personal computer or other related equipment as required..
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.