Vice President , Product Management - Sensor Platform - St. Louis, MO (Hybrid)
Location: Solon, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This position can be based out of our office in St. Louis (MO) or Solon (OH). This is a hybrid position.
Hubbell Utility Solutions is committed to shaping the future of utility technology through innovation, collaboration, and strategic growth. As the Vice President of Product Management - Sensor Platform, you will be at the forefront of this mission, driving transformative change and elevating our business to new heights. Your comprehensive understanding of utility needs, commercial acumen, and familiarity with service provider technology trends will be essential as you develop growth roadmaps and expand our portfolio. Collaboration, both internal and external, along with M&A activities, will be vital components of this role. Your strategic mindset will synergize with the senior management team, ultimately enhancing shareholder value.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute mid-to-long-term growth roadmaps for the Sensor Platform portfolio , aligned with overall corporate strategies.
- Foster internal collaboration, external partnerships, and drive M&A initiatives to strengthen the Sensor Platform's position in the market.
- Collaborate with senior management to create and communicate strategic directions that drive shareholder value.
- Drive growth by analyzing market dynamics, product life cycles, and emerging trends.
- Identify potential growth areas and assess suitability of merger and acquisition targets.
- Lead scenario planning and establish metrics, goals, and execution strategies to ensure alignment.
- Champion innovation by advocating for strategic advancements, fostering experimentation, and enabling a culture of calculated risk-taking.
- Identify improvement opportunities and promote diversity of thought to enhance execution and operational excellence.
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of developing successful growth strategies in a technology-driven industry.
- Deep understanding of market dynamics, product life cycles, and industry trends within utility and service provider sectors.
- Strong analytical and financial skills, with the ability to translate data into actionable insights.
- Exceptional communication skills, including stakeholder engagement and cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and embrace change while navigating through complex, matrixed organizations.
- Collaborative leadership approach with a history of making informed decisions based on financial insights.
- Willingness to take calculated risks and learn from failures, fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Experience in crafting and executing M&A strategies to enhance business capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.