Production Supervisor 1st Shift - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
1850 Richland Avenue East
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
The Production Supervisor is responsible for all production, quality, production efficiency, employee performance, safety, and housekeeping of a given manufacturing department or departments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective employee relations and provide employee mentorship/development.
- Ensure schedule alignment; department employees are present at the beginning of each shift and in accurate work areas.
- Balance quality, efficiency, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results. Work to continuously improve in all areas.
- Supervise departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports to operations manager.
- Perform accident investigations; recommend actions to prevent reoccurrences of problems.
- Facilitate cross training.
- Spend 80% of shift on the production floor. ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to plan over a 30-day time span and prepare action plans to achieve results.
- Supervision, including employee hiring and retention, performance review and subject area.
- Supervise and maintain attendance records in E-time. Inventory management and production recording in SAP.
- 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm Monday through Friday.
Skills and Experience
- 3 – 5 years supervisory experience, manufacturing experience preferred.
- Kaizen and/or Lean training helpful.
- Must be proffcient with Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.