Accounting Manager (Electrical Products) - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This is a senior-level accounting management role within one of the largest divisions of businesses at Hubbell. As the accounting manager you will be responsible for assisting with the Hubbell Electrical Products (EP) month-end financial close, ensuring compliance with SOX requirements, internal/external commissions, customer rebates, and other general accounting and internal control areas. This hybrid position is located at the Shelton, CT facility where the business is headquartered.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage general accounting activities for the businesses within the EP group in conjunction with accounting shared services team
- Execute timely and accurate month-end closings
- Lead key accounting areas including customer incentives, internal and external commissions
- Preparation and review of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Leverage systems and technology knowledge to drive simplification efforts
- Ability to document and train team members on new and evolving processes
- Assist team on issue resolution / follow ups with business partners
- Primary owner of the control environment including Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404, Hubbell key internal controls and other Hubbell policies & procedures
- Ownership of internal control documentation and testing of internal controls.
- Primary owner of internal and external compliance audits.
- Ensure clean period-end shipping cutoffs
- Travel to multiple operational and back-office facilities in the continental US, Mexico and Puerto Rico, as needed
- Participate in physical inventory and cycle counting initiatives
- Participate in the integration of newly acquired businesses
- Primary liaison with Hubbell shared service providers (Accounts Payable, Accounts receivable, Fixed Assets)
- Partners with FP&A team to help develop timely and well supported financial forecasts and plans
- Partners with Operations Finance function to ensure accurate inventory valuation
- Lead finance role in executing in ERP system upgrades, reorganizations and other strategic initiatives
- Other ad hoc analysis and special projects as necessary.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Masters preferred
- CPA and/or CMA are a plus
- Minimum of 8 years of accounting, auditing and related experience of which at least 5 years in general accounting; preferably with a manufacturing company
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Solid understanding of SAP, OneStream and Blackline preferred
- Experience in a large ($1B+), multi-national publicly traded manufacturing company
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint), particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and superior analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated success in a goal driven work environment
- Works well independently (under tight time constraints) and is a self-starter.
- Detail oriented with understanding of end-to-end processes
- Works collaboratively with a diverse set of business group stakeholders, OHF, FP&A, and other business partners in operations.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.