Production Control Planner/Expeditor - Westbury, NY
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
This is an on-site position in Westbury, NY.
The Production Planner/Expeditor will perform finish goods and sub-assembly planning for assigned products to meet customer goals, optimize inventory and meet production requirements. In this role you will draw upon your experience/knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures of ERP, MRP, Inventory management, capacity planning and production scheduling. Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications and will be discussed during the interview process. The salary range for this role is $65,000-$75,000 per year. This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute daily production schedules to meet customer expected delivery dates.
- Collaborate with internal and external customers continuously on work status and execution.
- Work with production to ensure serial numbered items are issued properly and reallocate to keep inventory accurate.
- Release Planned Work Orders daily to meet shipping schedules.
- Prioritize and sequence orders in production to meet customer ship dates.
- Notify purchasing of all part shortages and expedite material externally and internally once received.
- Identify capacity constraints and work with production manager to prioritize work orders.
- Track Inventory to ensure work orders are filled properly and create conversion work orders to consume inventory.
- Have regular communication, both written and verbal, to Production, Purchasing, Inventory Control and Quality.
- Review ‘committed’ material and reallocate as necessary to optimize shipments.
- Use Netsuite ERP, Excel, Word, Outlook and other related software to plan, schedule and communicate.
- Review Engineering Kits to ensure timely release.
- Work with Engineering and production on disposition of engineering changes to track inventory, marketing and production change over.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of Planning in an electronics manufacturing environment.
- Ability to prioritize work orders based on expected ship dates. Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Netsuite Software.
- Working knowledge of inventory control systems.
- Ability to work between multiple departments to keep sales team updated with production status of orders proactively.
- Proficient in MS Excel with pivot tables and V Lookup.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office, Netsuite ERP software. Must be able to generate reports, charts and graph on KPI’s from data pulled form ERP system.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.