Vertical Market Director- Renewables
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Reporting directly to the VP Strategy, the Director Vertical Market is responsible for developing the strategic growth and profitability plan for the vertical and gaining support from the requisite VPGMs, who own the strategy for their business/product lines. In this role, you will work closely with Sales and Business Unit leaders to uncover and translate customer insights, business needs and industry trends to establish a strategic vision, clear go-to-market position and portfolio roadmap to drive growth in the vertical market. In this role, you will work cross functionally across the segment and business units to translate the strategic vision into tactical roadmaps and tangible milestones with clear success criteria, while ensuring alignment across all internal stakeholders. This highly strategic role requires a resourceful individual with organizational experience, strong communication skills, self-motivation, excellent communication skill and a solid background in the vertical industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing a vision and strategic direction of Hubbell’s Vertical offerings to ensure they align with customer needs, business growth, and overall segment strategy.
- Develop multi-year portfolio roadmap (e.g. GTM, product, M&A, business models) that meets company goals and identify/mitigate barriers to success
- Develop comprehensive growth model incorporating key roadmap investments, accelerators and risk factors.
- Work closely with different business unit’s product development teams to translate key needs and requirements into agreed upon new products and solutions that serve unmet vertical needs strengthening Hubbell’s differentiated value proposition.
- Coordinate the execution of all key initiatives from idea to launch across functions and respective BUs to deliver profitable and customer-focused solutions for the Vertical
- Develop comprehensive market outlook, competitive landscape, and application trends to help drive strategy and market positioning.
- Partner with marketing team to aligned with Vertical Strategy on market positioning to partner to develop a comprehensive customer facing marketing plan (collateral, web, digital, tradeshows) to enhance our presence, relevancy and drive successful adoption of new products and existing products in the Vertical space.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders/senior management/cross-functional teams to drive quicker decisions and identify, manage and clear business and technical roadblocks.
- Develop metrics/dashboards of leading indicators to measure success and improvement.
- Distill and cascade core tenants of our Vertical strategy and vision for leadership and for other internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
- Deep industry knowledge of the Vertical space
- 5 + years of Supervisory/Management experience
- Strong collaboration skills and commitment to interdisciplinary thinking – ability to work across teams focused on strategy, technology, and marketing of new product and solutions.
- Must be able to lead product transformation visioning and roadmap, while at the same time being comfortable in rolling up sleeves and lead day- to day activities
- Successful at managing and delivering a wide variety product solution to internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen
- Solid planning, priority setting and project management skills with experience managing multiple projects and resources concurrently.
- Proven experience influencing a business or marketing strategy through the application and/or management of competitive information, market awareness and product positioning.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including executive presentation skills, and adept at developing relationships across diverse teams.
- Highly motivated, collaborative and creative
- Travel as needed (estimated 25%)
- Bachelor of Engineering or Science with Finance/Management/Marketing/Technical focus
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.