Senior Finance Manager – Modern Workplace Field Planning
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Microsoft Customer and Partner Solutions (MCAPS) Planning and Investment Finance team works across all Microsoft commercial products to influences Microsoft’s worldwide sales strategy. We are looking for leaders who can proactively partner across multiple teams to drive global impact with the goal of maximizing revenue, market share, and profit. We will empower and inspire you to lead and be a top performer while providing diverse career opportunities.
What experiences you can gain on the MCAPS Planning and Investment Finance team:
- Work directly with leaders in sales, product and area finance teams to analyze our products, customers and partner behaviors
- Influence a $100B+ business in an entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment, learn to drive agility at scale
- Align sales targets to market opportunities, iterate go-to-market strategies and work through strategic investment, compensation and management metric changes to best enable growth
If the learning and impact opportunities excite you, this Senior Finance Manager – Modern Workplace Field Planning position is for you!
- Lead the semi-annual field planning process for standalone Modern Workplace products including data preparation, insights gathering, modeling and landing with stakeholders
- Drive target cascade to the Field. Land revenue targets by helping the field understand key strategies, priorities, drivers and opportunities for growth
- Partner with finance peers in other corporate teams, field, solution area and sales strategy groups for target alignment
- Be a change agent, relentlessly seek opportunities to respond to business needs, optimize and drive scale
Our team values the following sets of skills, which this role will help you enhance:
- Deep modeling capabilities which include leveraging internal Microsoft tools, reporting cubes, BI tools and other financial systems
- Passion to solve problems, working at multiple altitudes, from strategic and high-level framing to detailed analysis
- A growth mindset to continue to sharpen our approach to new business challenges
- Project management:
- Effectively managing and prioritizing multiple inputs, tasks and stakeholders, sometimes under tight deadlines
- Comfort with ambiguity and uncertainty, in a business that evolves at a very fast pace
- Cross-Group Collaboration:
- Leadership skills, proactively driving and delivering high-impact results through both individual and v-team effort
- Strong partnering capabilities, influencing others without direct authority and appropriately pushing back when required
- Crisp oral and written communication skills at various levels in the organization
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 4+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science, or related field AND 2+ years of post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR equivalent experience.
- Strategic, critical thinker
- Inclusive team player with excellent cross group collaboration skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both in the detail and at the executive level and partner with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to drive and complete projects independently
- Expert skills required in MS Excel, experience with financial tools such as preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.