Senior Global Mobility Program Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The Global Mobility team is responsible for developing and leading Microsoft’s global relocation and assignment strategy, program design, and operations, and we facilitate the movement of key talent on a worldwide basis including cross business travel. With the recent fundamental shifts in how and where we work, we are focusing on deploying compliant solutions and achieving operational excellence while innovating a distinctive employee experience for Microsoft.
Reporting to Director for Global Mobility, this position will be responsible for program operations management and effective delivery of services to our employees through the complex web of global employment and immigration laws and other regulatory requirement related to people & mobility matters.
We are looking for a candidate with highly knowledgeable in global mobility technical matters and operation program management, possibly with multi country exposure regulations experience, but who can also empathize with employees and communicate complex subjects in a simple and effective manner to our employees, HR functions and business partners.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Develops, evaluates, and updates Global Mobility programs to ensure their competitiveness; aligns programs with the defined strategy and related HR plans and initiatives; leads the development of engagement solutions for targeted hires.
- Develops collateral tools to support mobile employees and hiring managers; leads cross-functional initiatives in the development of assignment/relocation solutions and helps develop strategies to manage cross-functional assignment/relocation projects; contributes insights into the design and adaptation of programs for a business or geography.
- Drives change initiatives in Global Mobility by ensuring collaboration with Center of Excellence (COE) and peer disciplines (e.g., Talent Acquisition, HRBP); coordinates change initiatives with business leaders at market and region level; contributes to the conversation with Talent Acquisition related to talent pipeline to influence talent movement strategy.
- Oversees the global immigration framework as well as maintenance of databases and documentation for immigration and employment authorization; reviews reports and develops reporting tools to drive visibility; provides updates and consulting to relevant stakeholders regarding immigration or employment authorization processes.
- Leads the collaboration with cross-functional teams (e.g., CELA, HR Shared Services Support) and business leadership to ensure related policies are integrated in Global Mobility programs/initiatives across the business or geography; proposes recommendations to improve policy integration.
- Manages the immigration and employment authorization processes for a business or geography by tracking and auditing employee work status; partners with internal legal counsel and external vendors to obtain sponsorship or employment authorization; implements strategies to secure ongoing employment authorization.
- Leads supplier identification and selection and on-boarding for their region by executing screening processes.
- Manages ongoing supplier relationships and provides inputs regarding competitive service contracts to define performance targets and deliverables; may assist in negotiating contracts and identifying suppliers, under some guidance; tracks supplier errors.
- Designs and coordinates supplier metrics and other analytic tools to audit supplier performance; works to improve supplier performance by identifying and monitoring performance issues and executing solutions.
- 10+ years experience in a Human Resources role (e.g. Learning and Development, Employee Communications, Talent Acquisition, Compensation/Benefits)
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Social Sciences, or related field AND 7+ years experience in a Human Resources role (e.g. Learning and Development, Employee Communications, Talent Acquisition, Compensation/Benefits).
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- In depth global Immigration expertise
- 2-5 years project management experience
- HR global mobility program management
- Experience with hybrid workplace arrangements and cross-border business travel operations programs
- Strong customer focus, interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Understanding of HR processes and HR information systems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong multi country regulations exposure or knowledge
- Technology driven and comfortable working with company-wide ecosystems
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.