Finance Manager – Cloud Marketing
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Finance Manager – Cloud Marketing
Partner with and support Cloud Marketing business leaders in effectively managing the Cloud Marketing investments. This role covers a wide range of responsibilities and opportunities including financial reporting, business analysis, strong business partnership, and cross product collaboration.
Successful candidates will be self-starting individuals with a strong drive for partnership and results and great communication skills.
- Effective collaboration with a diverse group of leaders, technical project leads, business managers, and cross-company finance and operational teams.
- Identify areas of opportunity and create mutually beneficial solutions for business and finance problems.
Finance Rhythm of Business and Planning:
- Business Planning: Plan, communicate and execute the rhythm of business including close, quarterly forecasting and annual planning timelines and deliverables.
- Month End Close: Manage the monthly fiscal close process, submitting journal entries and provide reporting results and variance commentary to convey the business story.
- Process Excellence: Effectively manage budgets throughout the year for these teams. Act as the single point of contact for budget and forecast accuracy. Partner across the organizations to seek out and implement process improvements designed to simplify and improve the efficiency, organization agility, discipline, and excellence in execution.
Financial Analysis & Insight:
- Understand Business models: Develop an understanding of Microsoft’s business models and their respective revenue and growth drivers (short and long-term).
- Performance and Expense Analysis: Identify and apply appropriate, reliable and verifiable measurements to analyze business and investment performance. Analyze and monitor key investment drivers and trends.
- Financial Analysis: Partner with stakeholders to develop/utilize return on investment (ROI) models to support existing and new investments. Drive actionable insights and recommendations based on analysis.
- Provide accurate and timely information to business partners highlighting results, key drivers, risks and opportunities, and dependencies.
- Highlight opportunities to automate and improve reporting processes within the confines of available tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science or related field AND 2+ years post-graduate financial analysis, accounting, controllership, or finance work experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Data Science or related field
- OR equivalent experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.