Finance & Corporate Services Privacy Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reno, Nevada, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals and building the trust of our employees, customers, and partners.
The Finance Privacy Program (The Program) is a global function responsible for delivering high-quality privacy, risk management, compliance monitoring and advisory services for all Finance and Corporate Services business and engineering teams. The Program supports the Global Finance organization including, but not limited to the following functions: Global Security, Real Estate & Facilities, Procure to Pay, Stat & Tax, Treasury, Audit, Payroll, Operations teams and engineering finance teams; covering a variety of employee, customer, and partner personal data scenarios.
We are currently looking for a Finance & Corporate Services Privacy Manager with technical program manager experience to join the team!
- All qualified candidates will have demonstratable expertise in the accurate classification and protection of personal and sensitive data.
- The job requires cross-functioning across global teams and organizations with the design & implementation of innovative strategies for:
- Monitoring compliance against the Microsoft privacy standards, driving scalable processes through use of technology
- Promoting an overall culture of proactive risk management across Microsoft Finance
The Ideal Candidate:
- This person also has experience working with engineering teams to translate their processes to business processes across all phases of development, providing subject matter expertise on use of employee data and driving a culture of privacy by design.
- As our new Finance & Corporate Services Privacy Manager, you are highly motivated with a drive for results and are passionate about privacy.
- In addition to your privacy expertise, you also have strong cross collaboration skills with the ability to influence teams at various levels and ability to establish and deliver process improvements.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead the program’s Incident Management process, ensuring timely compliance to all corporate standards and driving risk mitigation via data insights
- Provide support to Finance business teams in assessing their 3rd party platform/supplier’s privacy compliance and help with resolution of issues and exceptions as needed
- Apply privacy and business knowledge across processes to build and deliver privacy requirements and identify problems where technology-based solutions can have an impact
- Provide proactive privacy guidance to a set of business and engineering teams to ensure privacy compliant solutions and drive privacy as a mindset across Finance
- Propose new features, functionality, tool improvements, and process changes to help increase scalability and compliance adherence
- Serve as expert and trusted advisor for a subset of teams within Finance business to ensure compliant use of customer and employee personal data
- Design and develop process documentation that supports the responsibilities of this position.
- 3+ years professional experience in privacy consulting or in a dedicated privacy function
- 3+ years professional experience in a Finance, risk management, audit, or compliance role
- 3+ years experience in working on or with an engineering team(s) whose production service(s) handle personal data
- Privacy Certification (or agreement to obtain one within 6 months) – CIPP-US, CIPP-E, or CIPP-T
- 4-year degree in risk, finance, accounting, engineering, or closely related discipline
- 5+ years of experience with a combination of the following: Risk Management, Privacy, Project Management, Controls design and execution, technical program management
- Privacy experience that includes employee data a plus
- Experience working with geographically/global diverse groups
- Solid project management and reporting experience
- Proven ability to collaborate across a complex matrix and functional boundaries within a large corporation
- Program management experience working with multiple projects and diverse goals
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
- Demonstrated ability to build scalable mechanisms and standard operating procedures
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.