Events Marketing Director – Security Products
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Redmond, Washington, San Francisco, California, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
The threat landscape has never been more complex or challenging, and security has never been more critical to our customers. That’s why we are investing $20B in security R&D to empower organizations to approach digital safety from every angle.
In this role as Events Marketing Director - Security Products, you will lead a team of product marketers to engage security decision makers and implementers through digital and physical events. You will direct the strategy for 1st party and 3rd party event investments and lead your team to execute events as a connected part of a broader customer journey. Your team will drive perception shift, create deep customer engagements, and influence sales pipeline. We are a dedicated, fun team of marketing and security subject matter experts from a variety of backgrounds.
We are curious and eager to learn from each other, and passionate for the success of our team and our partner teams’ growth. We know that diverse perspectives will help all of us learn, grow, and deliver better business outcomes. We embrace trying new things and learn from any outcome. We expect kindness, empathy, and integrity in every interaction we have. If you get excited about experiential marketing, if you are great at influencing across matrixed organizations, and if you want to work on a fast growing $15 billion business, this may be the role for you! #MCBSCI
- Deliver success through empowerment and accountability by modeling, coaching, and caring.
- Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles.
- Define team objectives and outcomes; Enable success across boundaries; Help the team adapt and learn; Develop a world class event team where all members grow and thrive.
- Attract and retain great people; Know each individual’s capabilities and aspirations; Invest in the growth of others.
- Lead your team to identify opportunities and define event strategies for customer acquisition, customer love, and advocacy
- Ensure that Microsoft is innovating in event strategy, always reaching to exceed customer expectations and competitive execution.
- Identify and incubate new opportunities for the business, including a new 1st party event experience focused on the security audience; and balance a complex set of investment priorities
- Drive impact through other teams: Create and lead partnerships with multiple matrixed teams; Become a trusted advisor to internal partners and stakeholders; Hold teams accountable to develop an engagement plan that builds trust with customers, partners, and the field; Teach and enable your team to resolve internal and external blockers.
- Lead your team to define success criteria and performance metrics, such as Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs); track performance against success metrics and proactively act on performance.
- Influence executive stakeholders across Microsoft
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 6+ years experience in business
- OR Master's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 4+ years experience in business
- OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years direct people management experience or indirect people management experience (or virtual teams).
- Expertise in event strategy, planning and management.
- Demonstrable experience influencing senior management, managing budgets, and program management
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience influencing senior management, managing budgets, and program management preferably in the security industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 12+ years experience in business
- OR Master's Degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Business or related field AND 8+ years experience in business
- OR equivalent experience.
- 6+ years people management experience.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.