Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Reno, Nevada, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Are you a highly motivated and confident finance professional looking for a challenging role working with business partners across Microsoft? Then you may have just found the next role in your career path.
In this role as a Finance Manager, which reports to a Senior Finance Manager, Group Finance Manager or Director, you will focus on building and maintaining highly collaborative business partnerships across Microsoft while proactively working towards solutions and helping others succeed. Holding others accountable while assisting in conflict resolution as well as assuring adherence to policy, standards, compliance and risk management.
- Supports highly collaborative, positive business partnerships while serving as the expert on accounting functions and contextual knowledge, maintaining strict confidentiality where applicable
- Sets requirements and manages new work and additions to existing work from business partners, ensuring this occurs seamlessly while meeting established policies and standards
- Ensure all deadlines are met or exceeded with high quality and high customer satisfaction
- With solid accounting knowledge, may review or supervise the review of journal entries, account reconciliations, postings and other accounting-related work while meeting business partner and corporate deadlines
- Supervises the delivery of thoughtful analysis and trending insight in order to provide business partner with clear, accurate reporting while providing guidance and suggesting decisions to help support the business
- Anticipates business partner needs & identifies new sources of information in order to support business strategy
- Investigates and resolves business partner inquiries, accounting deviations and other data anomalies in a timely manner
- Interprets policies and applies control processes to ensure policy compliance and manages risk per established standards
- Drives the implementation of controls to identify deviations as related to system errors
- Governs metrics and service level agreements per the business process outsourcing model to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies and standards, providing feedback to vendor management when necessary
- Responsible for driving a culture of continuous improvement in partnership with vendor leads while demonstrating resilience and maintaining a constructive attitude in times of change
- Capacity to positively influence others without direct authority while holding them accountable and remove barriers in a shared services environment
- Governs vendor employee work per the business process outsourcing model to ensure accuracy and compliance with policies, standards and deadlines while proactively providing feedback to vendor management and recommending improvements
At Microsoft, we believe that diversity enriches our performance and products, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. As our workforce evolves to reflect the growing diversity of our communities and the global marketplace, our efforts to understand, value, and incorporate differences become increasingly important. Come explore diversity at Microsoft!
Experience & Qualifications
- BA/BS (4 year) degree in Finance or Accounting or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in financial accounting processes
- Proficiency in MS Office – with advanced Excel skills & extensive experience using multiple formulas and pivot tables with strong ability to manipulate large volumes of data with strong ability to manipulate large volumes of data
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, fast-moving environment while conforming to tight deadlines
- Propensity to drive a learning and improvement culture
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity, exercise sound business judgment and show strong sense of certainty by standing firm where appropriate
- Excellent verbal & written communication, interpersonal and cross group collaboration skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Added bonus requiremenets:
- Proficient understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Experience working in a shared services environment
- Proficiency in MS & MS Finance Tools – MS Sales, Mercury, SAP, MS People, Recon Intelligence, MS Invoice, JEM
- Experience in governing vendor employees, operating in an international environment and understanding the business from an internal business partner’s perspective
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.