Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Security has never been more top of mind for governments and businesses, and Microsoft Security Solution is committed to keeping nations and citizens secure in an increasingly complex cyber landscape. As the largest security company in the world, we are ideally placed to think outside the box to help our customers make the world a safer place. Following a year of incredible success, we are excited to be expanding our team with ambitious, diversified, and driven new talent, eager to make a difference in the fight against cybercrime. We are keen to hear your thoughts on how we can further achieve our purpose. Join our team and discover unique opportunities to grow, develop and learn.
As a Compliance Technical Specialist (TS), you will work within a virtual team of sales, technical, partner and consulting resources to educate and demonstrate the value of our Microsoft Purview portfolio to our customers, empowering them to protect, govern, and safeguard their sensitive data while also managing regulatory compliance requirements and maintaining customer & employee privacy. Being part of this team will allow you to strengthen both your consultative selling skills as well as your deep technical expertise across Microsoft and non-Microsoft cloud-based information protection and compliance solutions, architectures, programs, and technologies.
This role is flexible in that you can work up to 50% from home. Position should be based in either:
- Santiago, Chile
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- South Florida, USA
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Panama City, Panama
(Other locations may be considered as exception).
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond.
- Scale Customer Engagements: Engages with and reaches out to customers proactively and independently, builds credibility with customers as a trusted advisor for Information Protection and Compliance solutions, remediates blockers, searches for and uses customer references, leads and ensures technical wins for Microsoft Purview and adjacent technologies; proactively engages product teams to remediate blockers by conveying impact.
- Scale Through Partners: Engages in partner sell-with scenarios by acting as liaison between the partner and team; supports partner technical capacity by identifying skill and resource gaps and providing feedback to internal teams.
- Build Strategy: Captures core competitive knowledge and delivers back to product and engineering teams to enhance team capabilities and develop compete strategies for assigned customers; provides strategic, technical, and partner input based on Microsoft capability at the account level to contribute to strategy development, leveraging partner, competitor, or open-source knowledge; works with account teams to shape strategic win plan and tailor Microsoft messaging to audience using knowledge of customer feedback, specific Microsoft solutions, and their context in a competitive landscape.
- Solution Design & Proof: Demonstrates and oversees demonstrations of products, presents and applies architecture patterns to partners and customers , proves capabilities and integration into customer environment, and drives cross-workload support for Microsoft solutions for Compliance. Coaches team in addressing customer digital transformation and leveraging insights to align new or changing technology to customer Compliance needs.
- Education: Builds own readiness plan, grows Compliance domain knowledge and practices expertise. Acts as a mentor in the Compliance solution area, increasing internal virtual teams' understanding of Compliance solutions and new opportunities; monitors and responds to internal tech community posts and acts as a mentor within technology area.
- 7+ years of technical pre-sales, technical consulting, or related experience OR equivalent experience.
- 4+ years experience with cloud and hybrid, or on premises infrastructures, architecture designs, migrations, industry standards, and/or technology management
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field (ideal) or Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field (minimum)
- Ideal candidate should have deep expertise within the areas of information protection, data risk mitigation, and privacy management. They should be deeply familiar with common practices and operational standards within each industry of focus. They should also be well versed in national and local regulations governing businesses and organizations, such as GDPR, FedRamp, CCPA, or HIPAA, as appropriate for the region.
- Desired Microsoft Technology & Industry Equivalent Certification:
・CISA, CISM, CIPP, CIPM, CIPT, CRISC, CCEP or GRCP
・Microsoft SC-400 Certification
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.