Group Manager – Credit Transaction Operations
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Redmond, Washington, Reno, Nevada, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by the challenges that come through driving innovations that impact how the world lives, works, and plays, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations - and the value we deliver across Microsoft and to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
At Microsoft’s Americas Operations Center we have a passion for customers, partners, and technology. The Cloud Service Operations Team sits within Microsoft Business Operations (MBO) and is responsible for successful and compliant processing of credit transactions and fulfilment of customer obligations for our most strategic accounts.
The role of Group Manager – Credit Transaction Operations is responsible for leading a high performing team dedicated to optimizing and scaling the processes and policies that underpin how we review and compensate customers for cloud service incidents. You will be expected to build a robust, repeatable, and scalable framework to handle all cloud service revenue adjustments. You will be joining a fast-paced team that is focused on results, works together to solve problems, and is committed to developing people. This role will collaborate with Transact Services, launch teams, Process leaders, and other key business partners across finance, compliance, and engineering to deliver best in class execution excellence through robust, compliant processes.
The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a highly matrixed, multinational organization, exhibits outstanding organizational, planning, communication, judgement, and negotiation skills, uses data and analytics to drive performance insights and improvements and has a strong customer obsession and compliance focus.
- Accountable to lead a successful team that lives the Microsoft culture and values
- Attract, develop, and retain a diverse and high performing team that consistently produces value for the business.
- Build and scale processes and capabilities to enable the future growth of Cloud products.
- Protect the business, ensuring priority is given to compliant, accurate transactions
- Ability to establish and maintain key stakeholder relationships at senior levels across the business, including Finance, Compliance and Engineering.
- Influence key business partners to deliver optimum solutions for customers and for Microsoft.
- Collaborate with other members of Americas and International Operations to deliver transaction services to customers, partners and internal field sellers promoting an end-to-end view and seamless experience.
- Create and deliver performance metrics and scorecards representing the state of business.
- Organizational leader that accelerates and delivers business transformation for Cloud Transact.
- Drive continuous process improvements via analysis and identification of opportunities with a global consideration.
- Driving cross organization initiatives and contributing more broadly than core functional responsibilities.
People Manager / Leader
Lead, Develop & grow team through empowerment & accountability by:
- Modelling - Live our culture; Embody our values; Practice our leadership principles
- Coaching - Define team objectives & outcomes; Enable success; Help the team adapt & learn.
- Caring - Attract & retain great people; Know everyone’s capabilities & aspirations. Invest in the growth of others
You are a Strategic and Tactical guru!
- You can manage the urgent day-to-day demands
- You are excited about managing your team
- You don't mind handling the one-off short-term answers
- You are willing to roll up your sleeves to help get the job done
- You are also strategic about longer-term needs
- Passionate about developing people
- You see the big picture - Visionary at long term process improvement and looking E2E across the business and stakeholder groups
This job is for you if you can bail water out of the boat daily; but you are equally focused on how to fix the holes for the fleet!
- Minimum of 8 years combined Tactical and Strategic work experience
- People manager experience a must
- A Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Business, Supply Chain, Finance, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in Operations, Program Management, Process Management, or related discipline.
- Exceptional attention to detail and analytical problem solving, with strong judgement to make decisions in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent communication skills with ability build relationships and influence individuals at all levels.
- Understanding of Microsoft’s cloud offerings.
- Experience working in a fast-paced international environment, managing stakeholders, processes and collaborating with diverse teams across multiple time zones and cultures for shared outcomes.
- Adept in Process Design and Execution.
- Able to work in a pressured environment to tight deadlines when required.
- Must be highly self-motivated and able to work effectively with virtual teams and flexible in a dynamic business environment.
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Demonstrated change & project management skills.
- Familiarity with Volume Licensing business model.
- Broad working knowledge of Microsoft including business groups, segment and support functions including multiple channels and business groups.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.