Digital CSA Director
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
We have set ourselves three bold ambitions: create more personal computing, reinvent productivity and business processes, and build the intelligent cloud. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is seeking talented professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
The Digital Cloud Acquisition team drives growth for Microsoft by helping customers realize the value of the Microsoft Cloud. Powered by a world-class connected sales and marketing platform, this team leverages marketing insights to reach customers when and where they want to engage digitally to help solve their business problems. We’re powered by the latest innovations in Microsoft Dynamics 365 to engage with customers, collaborate across our global teams, and acquire and retain new business for Microsoft.
Do you love working with customers to achieve their business outcomes? Would you love to build expertise around the leading, next generation cloud services? Do you possess superior leadership, communications, and consultative capabilities? Microsoft is seeking managers with a deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join Digital Sales as a Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) team lead. As a Digital CSA Director, you will manage a team of highly talented and skilled sales specialists, driving the day-to-day execution to exceed business performance targets and coaching team members. The Customer Success team consists of highly capable salespeople that drive Microsoft wins on the latest cloud and modern development technologies. The team members’ primary responsibilities will be to engage with customers as the central point of contact all the way driving additional adoption and consumption of workloads across our latest cloud technologies.
We are looking for a talented individual to lead a team of Cloud Solution Architects (CSAs). This CSA Manager role will directly manage a team of full-time employees that will cover Azure customers in their respective portfolios. This is an exciting role that will help fuel Azure Customer Success through customer retention and growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Attract, develop, coach, and evaluate CSAs by setting a clear bar for excellence. Build a high performing team that will be diverse and inclusive with a typical team size of 10+ employees
- Acts as a strategic partner to executive-level business and technical decision makers (e.g., C-level, school system leaders) to guide customers in defining and realizing their digital and business transformational targets. Leverages expertise in relationship building and influencing to mentor team in building strategic partnerships.
- Coach and enable your team to accelerate Azure projects to production, including guidance on architectural design, technical recommendations, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration
- Lead team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual team targets
- Lead team to actively engage accounts to drive services consumption and up-sell and cross-sell based on strategic plans and needs
- Accurately forecast, assess risk, and identify exceptional performance plans in weekly deal and pipeline reviews with senior management
- Report on monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets and deliver competitive business insights, trends, and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements
- Coach teams to excel at engagement management and forecasting accuracy to successfully plan and prioritize weekly, monthly, and quarterly engagements, e.g. through joint customer calls
- Guides team in identifying and articulating business value of role and solutions for customer organization.
- Guides team to follow process, systems, and documentation as expected; ensures teams focus on identifying issues and barriers to efficiency; shares context for importance and business impact of process improvements. Works with team to prioritize recommendations for improvements; articulates broader impact of process gaps and inefficiencies. Ensures accountability for process adherence, influences adoption of recommended improvements and solutions.
- Supports and enables team to drive customer change and optimization of change management by applying deep knowledge of change management principles, creating influence strategies with senior decision makers to scale change across organizational boundaries, and articulating alignment between customer culture and digital transformation. Drives team readiness to ensure team members are equipped to guide customers in managing change.
- Enables and empowers team to identify gaps and take ownership in driving action based on feedback and advocating on the customer's behalf to drive resolution; drives strategy for positive change within Microsoft.
- Takes ownership in understanding customer business, needs and strategy across all aligned accounts to drive customer success
- Keeps up to date with customer information and industry trends through research (e.g., reads customer publications, speaks with direct reports and customer stakeholders).
- Anticipates market direction around technology to ensure team is equipped with the appropriate capabilities.
- Coaches team to develop and leverage understanding of customer business and industry; coaches against best practices to engage, capture, and understand customer needs.
- Ensures fair and equal treatment of employees, avoids favoritism, addresses difficult issues directly, and shows empathy and compassion.
- Leverages best practices to guide customer strategy and future growth for Microsoft by cultivating customer affinity with Microsoft programs/solutions that drive impact for the customer and establishing Microsoft as a leader.
- Coaches team to build customer success plans and utilizes them to build industry/team plan, leveraging own expertise and hands-on experiences (e.g., success plan workshops); aligns multiple engagement plans and leverages corporate resources dedicated to awareness improvement of high potentials (e.g., Skills Learning platform).
- Acts as the Voice of the Customer and Partner by championing feedback around technical capabilities, blockers, and insights and driving the resolution of existing items; represents the customer to internal teams (e.g., product) to shape strategy by providing insights across territories. Uses broad patterns of feedback to develop strategic and actionable insights and presents a compelling business case to program managers that influences product roadmaps and decision making.
- Creates a culture of advocacy within the team to champion advocacy internally and represent the industry externally
- Promotes company policies, procedures, mission, and values, by training and providing direction to direct reports in their use and application.
- Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
- 8+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR relevant certifications from Microsoft or competitive platforms AND 3+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Engineering, or related field AND 4+ years technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- OR equivalent experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience 6+ years of technology related sales or business development experience; Experience working with or selling Azure or similar solutions preferred
- Management: 4+ years of people management experience with proven track record of successfully leading teams of 8 or more required; Familiarity with modern sales techniques and tools preferred
- Change. 4+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption required Collaboration. Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required
- Communication. Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Competitive Spirit: Desire to work in a competitive environment where one’s growth potential is driven by one’s abilities and attitude
- Results-Oriented: Achievement and success-driven personality, motivated by performance rewards for exceeding annual sales goals through strategic sales leadership and strong cross business collaboration required
- Organized: Solid time management skills and ability to work independently or under supervision with a high level of integrity required
- Customer relationship development experience (Consulting, Business Development)
- General knowledge of the IT industry, with the capacity to learn and retain knowledge about individual products and business solutions quickly and accurately
- 3+ years of technical architect, technical consulting, design and implementation, and/or technical sales experience
- AZ 104 + AZ 303/304 (or equivalent of other platform certs (AWS, GCP), OR required within first 3 months of start date)
- 1+ years of experience in one or more of the following: designing architecture, networking, container services, data center migrations or database administration, design and architect experience in data analytics, coding/development, cloud-based solution designs, migrations or management of technology.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications; Dynamics CRM or other CRM experience is a bonus
- Passion for cloud technologies and changing the world
- Bachelor’s (4-year) degree in Business, Computer Science, or Information Technology, Engineer, or related field preferred
#SMC #CSMCSAFY23 #DigitalSales
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.