Business Program Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Fargo, North Dakota, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Irving, Texas, Reno, Nevada, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
The Business Program Manager/Transact Enablement Manager - Core Transact function sits within the America’s Operations Transact Services team for Microsoft Business Operations (MBO). The Transact Enablement Manager is a pivotal role responsible for successful and compliant revenue processing within month/quarter close in partnership with business stakeholders and our outsourced vendor. The Transact Enablement Manager is accountable for end-to-end transactional forecasting, planning and readiness, de-risking activities to minimize risk of unprocessed revenue during critical closing periods, and financial reporting. This role is accountable for the successful implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, demonstrating the ability to optimize our processes and build novel solutions for the future as our business needs continue to evolve and complexity increases.
The successful candidate should be comfortable working within a highly matrix-driven multinational organization, exhibit solid organizational, communication, judgement, and analytical skills with a strong customer and compliance focus. If you love the pursuit of excellence and are inspired by empowering every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, then we invite you to learn more about Microsoft Operations and the value we deliver to our customers and partners. We offer unique opportunities to work on interesting global projects in an environment that appreciates diversity, focuses on talent development, and recognizes and rewards great work.
We make doing business with Microsoft easy.
Business Program Planning and Design
- Performs program landscape research and analysis (e.g., internal and/or external market, sales, delivery), forecasting, and examines business trends (e.g., customer feedback and expectations) to identify audience size and program scope, and stay current, agile, and competitive. Understands overall business goals, objectives, and strategies, as well as short- and long-term business priorities. Understands and identifies current program risks, impact, and mitigation plans.
- Identifies and scopes opportunities to develop new programs and improve current ones. Identifies and provides solutions to root problems (e.g., root-cause analysis), defines the program strategy, gathers program requirements, identifies resource needs, creates the project plan and targets, and works across teams to align on the plan of record. Improves operations of existing programs by applying industry methodology, defining complex program issues, assessing various scenarios, and selecting the optimal scenario to resolve issues. Drives clarity in complex program issues and strives for simplification.
- Works with cross-functional (e.g., organizational, product, business) stakeholders (e.g., Engineering) to design compliant, complex programs from initiation to delivery with minimal coaching. Produces collateral (e.g., proposals, strategy walking deck, internal and external pitch content) to incorporate stakeholder needs and ensure the business objectives are met.
- Defines and tracks the success criteria and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs] and Key Performance Indicators [KPIs]), such as quality, adoption, usage, impact, effectiveness) for the program.
Business Program Excellence and Execution
- Defines and executes on landing and communication plans, such as the target audience(s) and communication strategy. Leads the rhythm of business (ROB) during plan execution to ensure participants and stakeholders are communicating and responding according to the necessary cadence. Works across teams (e.g., Landing Design, Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Technical Program Management) to ensure all program requirements are understood and can be met.
- Evangelizes complex programs to stakeholders, partners, and customers to gain buy in. Leverages data and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs] and Key Performance Indicators [KPIs]) to demonstrate the value of the program and show business impact. Adapts communication style and storytelling strategy according to audience and business needs.
Business Program Management
- Contributes to or leads a portfolio of projects including the project plan, timelines, milestones, financial management, performance metrics, and/or resource needs for complex programs. Communicates the program status and risk to relevant stakeholders and holds them accountable for following the established schedule, risk mitigation plans, and processes.
- Demonstrates an understanding of mapping or how systems work and impact one another. Works with and leverages other teams (e.g., Supply Chain, Engineering, Sales) to ensure program processes are rigorous and executed efficiently. Develops processes around scope and scheduled changes for programs, and communicates them to stakeholders.
Business Program Evaluation and Improvement
- Conducts cost-benefit analyses to examine performance to value drivers (e.g., profit and loss [P&L], return on investment [ROI]). Contributes to monthly business review (MBR) and runs rhythms regularly to identify what is working and what is not, and makes improvements accordingly.
- Collects and evaluates success criteria and performance metrics (e.g., Objectives and Key Results [OKRs] and Key Performance Indicators [KPIs]), such as acquisition, usage, impact, effectiveness, and customer feedback, and uses scorecards and dashboards to monitor complex programs and ensure all activities align with business and program objectives. Uses data analytics (e.g., scenario analyses) to derive insights and training that help identify current and future program risks and mitigation plans, as well as opportunities to streamline and optimize programs based on lessons learned.
- Utilizes direction and strategy from leadership regarding business area of expertise in order to help create and execute plans that shift current priorities to new organizational initiatives and objectives, and influences others to change behavior accordingly. Defines vision and strategy for change, broad and specific impact, and the flow of communication to the organization. Ensures buy in and adoption of the new program or change by others in the organization. Develops the collateral required to enable key stakeholders and others to be on board. Contributes to the training, reskilling, and mapping of individuals in partnership with Human Resources (HR).
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Finance or related field AND 4+ years work experience in program management, process management, process improvement
- OR equivalent experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Big Picture View
- Business Acumen
- Business Analysis
- Business Intelligence (BI)
- Business Relationship Management
- Change Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Continuous Improvement
- Cross-functional Team Leadership
- Customer Research
- Data Analysis
- Decision Making
- Detail Oriented
- English Language Proficiency
- Financial Analysis
- Influencing for Impact
- Key Performance Indicators
- Operational Excellence
- Opportunity Identification
- Oral Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Problem Solving
- Process Design
- Product Knowledge
- Program Management
- Project Management
- Project Visioning
- Quality Assurance
- Risk Analysis
- Strategic Content Development
- Value Selling
- Written Communication
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.