Director Cloud Solution Architecture - Azure Data and AI
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Kansas City, Missouri, Miami, Florida, Tampa, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft aspires to help our customers achieve their own digital transformation, leveraging the power of Microsoft Cloud solutions and support offerings. To this end, Microsoft invests in a dedicated Customer Success team that will help Microsoft customers successfully realize their business outcomes.
Azure is the most comprehensive, innovative, and flexible cloud platform today and Microsoft is hiring professionals that will drive customer cloud adoption within the most important companies in the market. We are always learning. Insatiably curious. We lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from our mistakes. We build on each other’s ideas because we are better together. We stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve and are motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through our technology and innovation. Together we make a difference.
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture
Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
People Leader: Build and grow healthy teams (i.e., Cloud Solution Architects & Cloud Engineers) through talent management, diversity and inclusion, coaching, and career development. Respected technology leader with the ability to attract, retain, and develop the most technical resources in the field (i.e., CSAs, and CEs). Inspire and foster a culture of customer-centricity and consumption, adoption and use through collaboration with peers and extended teams
Empower your team to accelerate Data Estate Modernization, win with Analytics, innovate with AI including guidance on architectural design, technical recommendations, blocker escalations and technical resource orchestration
Engage with the area’s most strategic customers as executive sponsor to accelerate digital transformation journey and create a data driven and intelligent driven organization
Be the cloud-consumption leader in the field for your Area, owning the business and results of Data Estate Modernization, winning with Analytics, innovating with AI. Be a vocal leader and customer champion in your Area with both local and corporate leadership to elevate cloud adoption issues and accelerate resolution
Lead your team to utilize “Well-Architected” framework, such as high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability
Partner with all required Microsoft stakeholders in the subsidiary to land and drive Data & Analytics/AI CSA role clarity, account coverage, project assignment and effective cross-team collaboration
Drive operational excellence, including timely consumption opportunity management and high-quality reporting and insights
Inspire your team to win developer affinity to Azure platform through tech intensity
Exceed customer support obligations as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, Business, Liberal Arts, or related field AND 8+ years experience in cloud/infrastructure technologies, information technology (IT) consulting/support, systems administration, network operations, software development/support, technology solutions, practice development, architecture, and/or consulting
- OR equivalent experience.
- 3+ years people management experience, including managing consultant practice managers, technical sales managers, and/or technical architect managers.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications:
- Professional: 7+ years working with large Enterprise customers and field communities in consulting or similar roles, leading deployment projects, architecture, design, implementation, and support of highly distributed applications OR: 7+ years of experience in building products and services as part of Engineering teams in engineering positions
- Management: 3+ years of experience in people management with preferably managing geographically disperse teams across time zones, as well as gained in other leading software and/or services companies/competitor environment
- Change:7+ years of experience driving change management or technical adoption
- Deep domain expertise in one of the Data & AI -specific areas, such as SQL Server, deployments and migrations to the cloud, Open-source database deployments and migrations, Cloud Scale Analytics, Data Governance, Azure AI, Azure Machine Learning, Azure Cognitive Search, Azure Cognitive Services and Azure Bot Services
- Working knowledge of Azure and/or competitive cloud technologies
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results
- Demonstrated Technical leadership through prior technical coaching/leadership roles
- Prior work experience in other software and/or services companies such as Amazon, Google, IBM, Oracle, Teradata, Snowflake (Nice to have)
Leadership, Collaboration, Communication
- Ability to run complex program management at a global scale, including cross-project planning and resource orchestration, as well as the ability to consistently identify and drive program enhancements
- Proven ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers. Understanding of partner ecosystems and the ability to leverage partner solutions to solve customer needs
- Strategic thinking with the ability to execute cross-org and drive for results in ambiguous environments, independence in decision making, ability to problem-solve
- Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO and BDM level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability to quickly adapt in rapidly evolving business situations
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, and ensuring follow-through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- Strong Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences and with different levels of an organization
- Certifications in one or more of the following technologies: Azure Data, Analytics, AI, and Machine Learning (Nice to have)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.