Software Engineering: Intern Opportunities, CTJ
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Come build community, explore your passions and do your best work at Microsoft with thousands of University students from every corner of the world.
At Microsoft, we are a company of learn-it-all’s rather than know-it-all’s and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging all to bring their best each day!
Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You’ll be empowered to build community, explore your passions, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connections, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Our Software Engineers work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions. You are passionate about customers and product quality, and you provide technical guidance to Program Managers as they consider user needs and product requirements. You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods, and processes to leverage in your solutions. As a Software Engineer, you are dedicated to design, development and testing of next-generation software which will empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others, and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. Learn more about our cultural attributes
- Applies engineering principles to solve complex problems through sound and creative engineering.
- Quickly learns new engineering methods and incorporates them into work processes.
- Seeks feedback and applies internal or industry best practices to improve technical solutions.
- Demonstrates skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment.
Must Have: Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Candidates must have a minimum Active Top Secret (TS) clearance and be willing and eligible to up-level to TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly (FSP). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI with FSP.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree.
- Must have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 1+ year(s) experience in software engineering, network engineering, or systems administration.
- OR equivalent experience
- 1+ year(s) experience reading and/or writing code (e.g., sample documentation, product demos).
The salary for this internship is $7,890 per month
Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. US-based interns gain access to healthcare benefits and software discounts.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.