Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Azure Security group’s mission is to make Azure the most secure cloud platform. We want to ensure that the protection and defense of Azure cloud is best in class and gives confidence to customers that they can run their businesses securely and safely.
The Azure Security team is hiring a Business Manager to be a key member of the leadership team of the Azure Security CVP. The Business Manager will support engineering leadership for all areas related to business excellence and the ongoing needs of our evolving organization. This includes supporting rhythm of the business activities, budget / headcount management for a large engineering organization, and providing analysis and reporting to influence leadership decision making.
You will have tangible impact on a growing organization, getting things done across large and diverse global teams and developing practices and reporting that streamline the business and drive results. This role requires working across two major divisions at Microsoft (Microsoft Security and C+AI). You will partner with other business managers, finance and procurement to help us effectively and efficiently operate a complex and diverse organization. You’ll be a vital, trusted member of this tight-knit team and you’ll participate in challenging, fast paced execution to contribute big-picture thinking and strategic execution. Come join this exciting team!
- Support day-to-day operations and help execute the rhythm of the business (ROB) activities related to financial and process management.
- Manage Operating Expense and Headcount budgets, working closely with Finance
- Build reporting on budget execution and spend patterns to support spend analysis, efficiency, and leadership decision making.
- Drive team operations processes and tool management to help the business operate efficiently and recommend process improvements as needed.
- Manage the discretionary team budget, in collaboration with finance and budget stakeholders, and in full compliance with Microsoft policies.
- Look for opportunities to leverage Power BI to develop, collect, report, and improve KPIs related to budget, headcount, Capex, etc.
- Support special projects across the organization as needed.
- Be a positive team member, demonstrating the best in partnership.
- Influence, inform and partner with multiple engineering teams regarding business operations.
- Adjust priorities, decisions, and actions to respond to multiple demands, unanticipated events, and new information daily.
- Apply your knowledge of business operations to improve team organization and functions.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills through your experience institutionalizing them across a team through process or system changes.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field (Business Administration, Management, Finance)
- 5+ year(s) experience in financial management, business planning, operations management, strategy, project management, or business-related roles.
- An unwavering commitment to fostering an inclusive environment where all voices are heard and respected
- Self-starter with ability to story-tell business and financial analytics and build reports for audiences spanning multiple disciplines & seniority levels, including senior executives.
- Exceptionally strong communication skills with an emphasis on written comms and business writing in general.
- Excellent cross-team collaboration, with proven ability to work across organizations and reporting boundaries to get things done.
- Ability to excel in an ambiguous environment and effectively triage several competing priorities
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.