Sales: Full-time Opportunities for University Graduates, United States
Location: Bellevue, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, New York, New York, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Every year, we welcome thousands of university graduates from every corner of the world to join Microsoft. You bring your aspirations, talent, potential—and excitement for the journey ahead.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Those hired into this role are invited to participate in Microsoft Aspire Experience, a two-year learning and development experience where you'll build your network, cultivate intentional capabilities and gain perspective into the career opportunities across Microsoft’s many exciting businesses.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Location and travel requirements may vary per role. Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Sales roles, including but not limited to, those described below:
Solution Area Specialists:
A Solution Area Specialist discovers and qualifies new leads; drives consumption with new and existing customers. Identifies market and customer needs and collaborates with internal teams to devise solutions to meet those needs. Develops and manages pipeline for territory and forecasts resource needs; meets with customers on site to deepen relationships and solution development.
- Learns how Microsoft's 3-cloud-platform can enable digital transformation areas.
- Supports team members on digital transformation opportunities in an assigned area by applying established process and activities.
- Collaborates with One Commercial Partner (OCP) and other assigned partners to cross-sell and up-sell products, solutions, and services. Understands the ecosystem of the partners in a solution area.
- Supports their team on participating in Microsoft events. Contributes to setting Reaches out to peers and senior team members within the subsidiary to gain technical knowledge in a solution area.
- Seeks client feedback (both formal and informal) to identify and understand the drivers of satisfaction and execute plans to maintain and continue to build on it, and to identify and understand the drivers of dissatisfaction, determine the root cause of problems, and establish recovery action plan to improve clients overall experience.
Shares feedback with account teams.
Account Management develops and oversees the execution of account plans for multiple accounts and works to ensure engagements yield high volume sales for both Microsoft and the customer that are on track with goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Builds connections with executives and business and technical decision makers in the assigned accounts to establish trust and credibility in future interactions.
- Liaises with customers during interactions, focuses on consistently addressing their technical and business needs, explains technical concepts relevant to the customer, and connects the customer to Microsoft executives.
- Manages and executes plans for multiple accounts to ensure Microsoft targets and customer business needs are met.
- Coordinates with specific account management teams on plan execution and drives accountability to deliver on account plans.
- Orchestrates extended team and embraces partners to scale business.
- Ensures sales consumption and adoption goals on target.
- Seeks feedback from customers (both formal and informal) of assigned accounts to identify and understand the drivers of satisfaction and establishes action plans to improve their overall experience.
- Leverages internal resources to support customer needs.
- Learns about the business of assigned accounts and intricacies of their industry, of Microsoft's position in the industry, and of direct competitors.
- Coordinates with internal industry experts (e.g., industry solutions executives) to gather industry data of assigned accounts and improve planning.
Drives digital transformation for organizations by ensuring an active and engaged channel ecosystem aligned to customer needs. Manages partner capacity and capability to optimize partner impact on new customer acquisition, renewals, and consumption. Creates a local partner ecosystem by driving channel activation.
- Creates and nurtures a partner ecosystem with assistance from manager and others, to drive larger impact for the customer. Facilitates match-making to drive opportunities (e.g., cloud and solutions), connecting partners to sellers and identifying how specific business needs can be met via Microsoft solutions.
- Delivers and integrates partner expertise and solutions into sales cycles that grow consumption of Microsoft products.
- Leverages the voice of partners and customers through direct engagements, field surveys, partner events and surveys, listening systems, and social mechanisms, to identify and alleviate key customer and partner success blockers.
- Drives attendance to partner events and responses to surveys.
- Connects resources and programs to support partner co-sell pipeline velocity and alleviate friction points.
- Shares feedback among build-with teams and executes on corrections of errors in response to feedback.
Provide licensing solutions to customers with a focus on Microsoft volume licensing programs. Work closely with multiple sales disciplines including Account Executives, Business Development, Buy and Legal service desks. Outside of Microsoft, build and maintain relationships across customers' purchasing, business sponsors and technical lead to provide modern and robust licensing solutions.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to determine how commercial licensing and contracting should be changed to best meet customer needs.
- Leverages understanding of sales science (e.g., pipeline metrics, closed rates, competitive selling) to establish a strategic sales execution cadence.
- Develops customer-centric offers by engaging with and aligning account teams around the deal(s) that they are casting.
- Establishes the strategy for the negotiation approach by engaging with senior stakeholders internally and externally
Partner Development Management:
Creates a strategic vision and demonstrates expert knowledge of partner businesses by identifying market opportunities based on industry gaps and emerging trends, and by developing relationships based on trust and advisor-ship. Helps lead the integration of skills, capability, and capacity plans for the partner business and helps build a learning culture.
- Supports the creation of a strategic vision rooted to the partners impact and potential and builds a general understanding of the partners business.
- Engages and builds trusting relationships with partners to grow business. Understands partner priorities, strategies, and goals and how they align with Microsoft’s.
- Builds account plans.
- Supports the integration of skills, capability, and capacity plans for the partner business. Helps to influence partner to create a learning culture. Learns the various sales and tech trainings and bootcamps on offer.
- Supports building a sales plan with others, asks about the partner's pipeline and helps to review partner's pipeline, top deals, and overall consumption targets.
- Learns how to coach the partner of top deals and ensures close alignment between the partners' sales team, channel managers, and other relevant teams.
- Supports partner readiness by assisting partners in the development and execution of marketing plans with guidance to generate customer sales (e.g., campaigns, incentives, and promotions).
- Secures marketing resources (e.g., go to market offers) to assist partners with developing marketing plans.
- Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Sales, Marketing, Computer Science, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field.
- Strong desire and business acumen for consultative solution selling
- Exceptional negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is from $67,600 to $130,100.
Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee’s role.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.