Sales: Intern Opportunities for University Students, United States
Location: Bellevue, Washington, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, New York, New York, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. As employees we come together with a growth mindset, innovate to empower others and collaborate to realize our shared goals. Each day we build on our values of respect, integrity, and accountability to create a culture of inclusion where everyone can thrive at work and beyond. Learn more about our cultural attributes
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You’ll be empowered to build community, explore your passions, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connection, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Applications to these opportunities are considered for all available Sales intern roles, including but not limited to, those described below:
Solution Area Specialists:
A Solution Area Specialist discovers and qualifies new leads; drives consumption with new and existing customers. Identifies market and customer needs and collaborates with internal teams to devise solutions to meet those needs. Develops and manages pipeline for territory and forecasts resource needs; meets with customers on site to deepen relationships and solution development.
- Learns how Microsoft's 3-cloud-platform can enable digital transformation areas.
- Supports team members on digital transformation opportunities in an assigned area by applying established process and activities.
- Collaborates with One Commercial Partner (OCP) and other assigned partners to cross-sell and up-sell products, solutions, and services. Understands the ecosystem of the partners in a solution area.
- Supports their team on participating in Microsoft events.
- Contributes to setting Reaches out to peers and senior team members within the subsidiary to gain technical knowledge in a solution area.
- Seeks client feedback (both formal and informal) to identify and understand the drivers of satisfaction and execute plans to maintain and continue to build on it, and to identify and understand the drivers of dissatisfaction, determine the root cause of problems, and establish recovery action plan to improve clients overall experience.
- Shares feedback with account teams.
Drives digital transformation for organizations by ensuring an active and engaged channel ecosystem aligned to customer needs. Manages partner capacity and capability to optimize partner impact on new customer acquisition, renewals, and consumption. Creates a local partner ecosystem by driving channel activation.
- Creates and nurtures a partner ecosystem with assistance from manager and others, to drive larger impact for the customer.
- Facilitates match-making to drive opportunities (e.g., cloud and solutions), connecting partners to sellers and identifying how specific business needs can be met via Microsoft solutions.
- Delivers and integrates partner expertise and solutions into sales cycles that grow consumption of Microsoft products.
- Leverages the voice of partners and customers through direct engagements, field surveys, partner events and surveys, listening systems, and social mechanisms, to identify and alleviate key customer and partner success blockers.
- Drives attendance to partner events and responses to surveys.
- Connects resources and programs to support partner co-sell pipeline velocity and alleviate friction points.
- Shares feedback among build-with teams and executes on corrections of errors in response to feedback.
Provide licensing solutions to customers with a focus on Microsoft volume licensing programs. Work closely with multiple sales disciplines including Account Executives, Business Development, Buy and Legal service desks. Outside of Microsoft, build and maintain relationships across customers' purchasing, business sponsors and technical lead to provide modern and robust licensing solutions.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to determine how commercial licensing and contracting should be changed to best meet customer needs.
- Leverages understanding of sales science (e.g., pipeline metrics, closed rates, competitive selling) to establish a strategic sales execution cadence.
- Develops customer-centric offers by engaging with and aligning account teams around the deal(s) that they are casting.
- Establishes the strategy for the negotiation approach by engaging with senior stakeholders internally and externally.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Sales, Marketing, Business Operations, Business Administration or related field with at least one semester/quarter remaining after internship.
- Strong desire and business acumen for consultative solution selling
- Exceptional negotiation, customer service, and interpersonal skills .
- Excellent verbal and written communication, analytical and presentation skills.
The salary for this role in the state of Colorado is $6550/month.
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.